〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 106: Slave To Love.

Note:

Inspiration for this chapter's title: Bryan Ferry - "Slave To Love".

**** 

[the 28th of December]

Getting up was difficult. 

Letting go of each other was so difficult too.  

The pull, the attraction was chemical, animalistic, a magnetic force. But the day was slowly waning, as the shortest winter nights lately were falling heavily, clumsily over the city, and it was slowly 4 p.m., and then 4:30 p.m., and just  moving away from him   was nigh impossible.

- We... We need to go...  -  Jiang Cheng mumbled unhappily; he was far too happy to be lying on this here cold floor, feeling the heavy weight of his lover all over his body, pressed between warm and cold, breathing the same air.

Lan Xichen growled, but managed to get up, and pull him up too.

- I don't think I will be going... I don't think I can.

Jiang Cheng didn't comment, he knew too well what he meant, and it upset him  –  he really wanted Lan Huan to have a nice holiday. He just watched him stuff almost random merch in his pockets, frowning a little, grab the stupid bag and call for a new taxi.

- We... We could get the subway, you know... 

He desperately tried to make a point: this was... which taxi for the day? Third? Forth?

- No.  –  Lan Huan hissed.  –  We are in a hurry.

***

Travelling in that taxi was strange this time. 

Jiang Wanyin was cuddling into Lan Huan's embrace again, but this time it seemed that he  was more upset than himself. He could feel the taller man shiver slightly, as if cold, and he tried to remember whether he had indeed ever before seen him be cold. He couldn't. 

Lan Xichen's cheeks were burning red, and there was a cruel flame in his eyes. For a moment he felt... fear.  He suddenly wasn't too sure whether he would be ready for some extreme love-making. His mind  –  perhaps. But not his body. There was still that very physical fear of the physical pain, although Lan Huan had never crossed any lines in the past.

He worried that it was all his fault. He had perhaps teased him too much yesterday. Reminded him of... before... too much. Was he going to pay for it today? Reap what he'd sown?

He looked up, removing his blushing face from Lan Xichen's bosom, and mumbled:

- Do you love me?

This time the answer took some time. It was as if Lan Xichen needed some time to think about it before answering. His heart was sinking terribly. This silence was deadly, suffocating.

In the end, Lan Huan said very simply, but also  –  extremely seriously:

- I do. Yes.

- This is all. This is everything.  -   he grumbled and fell silent till the end of the journey.