〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 101: Business As Usual.

Note:

Link: https://twitter.com/cinnamoningroll/status/1561737028123111424 

****

Corresponding chapter in Wangxian: Trial And Error:  [Police Report.][1]

****

Source:  https://chinese

Source:  https://chinese.yabla.com/chinese-english-pinyin-dictionary.php?define=%E5%A4%A7%E5%93%A5

****

[the 28th of December]

Poor Maurice was not disappointed, because  –  true to his word  –  Mister Lan arrived around noon time on Sunday, and he watched him cross the street, from the bar just opposite, frowning a bit. All flushed and smiling, the gentleman greeted him cheerfully and rushed to the elevator, in a hurry, and he truly wondered what kind of man that was. 

For months, the working hours of this team of lawyers had been chaotic, to say the least,  and he had no idea just how much work they were really doing. He was following the news, just like anyone, out of curiosity, but Lan Xichen never gave any concrete details, and it was all so hushed up and secret, that the public's interest was already impossibly teased, piqued.

And now this perplexing man was working hard  –  he could only assume so  –  in the days between Christmas and New Year's? Just when all the world was taking a breather and celebrating? Resting?

- Huh. Lawyers!  –  he mumbled to himself, glaring towards the posh bar across the street  –  he already suspected  –  rightfully so  –  that the rude young man from yesterday worked just there.

***

Lan Xichen arrived a little bit early. 

The day before, just shortly prior to seeing Jiang Wanyin off, he started re-arranging his photo evidence. He didn't want it touched in any way, or moved, as he had left some photos on the floor, taped to the walls, to his glass door, to his computer screen even. Had he been alone  –  he would have just continued working until later into the night, but that Saturday had been quite tough for his lover, and he just had to make sure Jiang Cheng would be arriving home, to rest, safe and sound.

He would have definitely gone on a killing spree, if any of the cleaning crew ever dared disturb his highly organized chaos!

Today he arrived early, knowing full well that the curiosity would get the best of at least one member of his team  –  and at least one of them would be arriving any minute now. So, grinning, he was shifting stuff around, making a bigger mess out of his office, for sure, but his presentation had to be... well, presentable.

Just who might be the first one to arrive? Hmmm.

Ahh, well, done! It was 12:45 p.m., he still had time.