〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 23: Not A Double Date!!! (Part 2)

Note:

Corresponding chapters in WangXian: Trial And Error:  [The Double Date. (Part 2)]

****

Lan Xichen was watching the two boys hug and kiss tenderly, envious. He thought about his brother's words for a moment.

What is happening with you, Huan?  What the hell was that?

- I am losing it.  –  he hissed, taking a big gulp off the bitter whiskey, wincing at the burning sensation that followed suit.

- Do you... wanna talk about it?  –  Lan Wangji asked, hesitating.

- No. Not here.  –  he huffed.  –  I thought Bobby was going to be working tonight.... But they've been having some crazy shifts lately, and... I'm truly sorry.

He sulked. This was unpleasant, to say the least.

- Hmmm.  –  Lan Zhan took another sip. His Ge was really quiet today.

Lan Xichen was trying to just focus on the drink, too tired to care any more. 

He felt that there were a thousand things he wanted to talk to the new couple about, but now his head was empty. 

Now his head was spinning just because Jiang Wanyin was in the same room. He hated it.

- Baby...

All of a sudden Wei Wuxian approached his brother and they got together in a tighter embrace. There was so much tenderness between them that Lan Xichen wanted to cry. Why was it so hard to even watch this? His brother was obviously happy, and in love.

- I see things with you two are going... well.   –   he kept on staring at his glass gloomily.

- Yes.  –  Lan Wangji mumbled. 

- I'm glad, Di. I really am. You two look... happy together.   –   he turned a little, his long curls falling almost on his face. He didn't care. He was nearly of the mind to cut all his hair off, just like his Di.

- Have you given up on the crazy idea about bringing him to our horror-movie family dinner?   –   the thought suddenly struck him, and he decided to tease Wangji a little, smiling a little, taking another gulp, and taking his jacket off   –  it was so fucking warm in here!

- Bringing me?   –  Wei Ying looked into Lan Wangji's blushing face, surprised.

- Ge...  -  he mumbled brattily.

- Oh, I see you haven't told him yet!  –   Lan Xichen laughed now. He needed a distraction indeed. Du Shuangyu had been so right!

Wei Wuxian frowned a little.

- Tell me what?  Wangji?!   –  the dark-haired boy huffed now.

- Hmm, just a sec, A-Xian, let me lay it out for you!  –  Lan Xichen grinned.  –   Wangji here wants to introduce you to our parents! I think Mother will get a heart attack when she sees a boy instead of a girl! And I believe Father will hire special people to kill you the very same day!  –  he outright laughed out loud now.

- I told Mom! Ge!   –   Lan Zhan protested, blushing deeply.

- You told Mother that you will be bringing a boy?!   –   Lan Xichen raised an eyebrow in disbelief. He had been ready to bet his right arm that his Di didn't dare do it!

- No.  –  he mumbled under his nose miserably.  –  I told her I will be bringing someone... important.

- Diiiiiiii!   –   Lan Huan sniggered now.  –  Do you remember their reaction when I told them about my  boyfriend?! I thought the roof was going to fall on our heads! Thank god I was of age! I am pretty sure Father would have disavowed me otherwise!

[曦澄 | XiCheng][MDZS Modern AU]: All The Things I Never Told You [~PART 1~]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें