〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 143: 3 Beds.

Note:

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/cinnamoningroll/status/1575174753265983490

***

Inspiration for this chapter:   

A Perfect Circle  -  "3 Libras"  🔞

****

[the 1st of January // the 2nd of January]

1️⃣

Lan Xichen  did not hesitate. 

He took Kathrine directly to his room, pushing her under the shower to get refreshed and take the personal time, so that she could calm down. He then called reception, asking for house-keeping for her room after her confusing sobs in the elevator about rodents in her bed and Gao Xi being a rat.

She did, indeed, appear in his bath robe, and he just huffed, leaning over the open window  –  the party downstairs was still going on, and going wild, and he just stared down now, amused at how tiny and unimportant everyone looked now. The back area to the hotel looked gorgeous even from up here  –  the organizers of the event had outdone themselves. He lazily wondered just how much the firm had paid for all this, and this led to a wider grin now  – he sharply remembered that he was poor  now  –  his credit cards were still blocked, he was sure of it.

She got into his bed, sulking still, quite upset, just grabbing one of his shirts to put on without even asking  –  she knew him quite well by now, she knew he would never mind. The young lawyer sniggered, watching her disappear inside his huge shirt  –  it was more like a dress for her, but she didn't seem to notice, didn't seem to mind  –  she just flung herself on the bed, pouting.

- Was it so very bad?  –  he mocked now.  –  I mean... I know Gao is a jerk, but still... One would at least assume that he is good in bed!

She blushed now  –  the petting they had shared had been amazing, but she would never admit so, not ever!

- Shut up!  –  she hissed at him, turning her back to him.

Lan Huan grunted and got undressed too, not bothering with a shower this time  –  he was going to take a shower in the morning.

- Did he hurt you so badly, babygirl?  –  he murmured, lying next to her.

For a minute nothing happened, but a minute was far too much for Kath, who was more distraught by it all than she would let out. She turned around quickly and cuddled into his arms, sniffing now:

- Yes. Yes, it was! It was. Awful. It was bad.

Surprised, Lan Xichen opened his arms for her, letting her in, holding her close. It was almost an instinct.

- Hmmm. Do you want me to talk to him?  –  he mumbled now.

- No. Please, no.  –  she said weakly.  –  I've got this. I will be fine.

- You know I need all three of you in tip-top shape for the upcoming case, Kitty-cat. I mean it.  –  he said seriously now.

- It will be fine!  –  she scoffed.  –  We are... professionals.

- Hmmm.

There was a thoughtful pause now, but the slim young woman was thankful for the warmth; she needed this tonight. She would never say so, of course, but she hugged Lan Huan as best as she could, and tighter now.