〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 103: His Touch.

Link:   https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10216712945375616&set=gm.1103084440308792&idorvanity=555188978431677

*****

[the 28th of December]

- Hey, A-Cheng! How's the shift been?  –  Bobby was taking off his coat, shuddering a little because of the temperature difference between outside and the warm inside of the bar.

- Hi! Ehhh, it's fine. I am guessing Wednesday will be fun!  –  Jiang Cheng huffed, not too happy about another corporate party.

- Yeah...  -  Bobby relaxed on one of the high stools on the other side of the counter tiredly.  –  It's a police party this time. You know how the Boss is friends with some... hmm... essential police officers, right?

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, and finalized the arrangement of glasses he had been drying up until now.

- Mind you, those bastards are just as crazy as the lawyers from over there!  –  Bobby grunted, throwing a thumb behind his back to indicate the building on the other side of the road.

The young man just blushed; he knew, he remembered.

- Yea... the Boss is personal friends with the Cap of the 12th. For some reason. They are so different... nothing in common.  But I'm guessing it's... mutual benefits, if you catch my drift.  –  Bobby winked at him now, and Jiang Wanyin knew. He knew too well.

- Do you want something small before work, Bobby? – he offered, it was already 2 o'clock but the middle-aged man looked really beat.  –  A cup of coffee? Cocoa?

- Ha! You sound like a true barkeep, boy!  –  Bobby grinned now.  –  But no. No, thanks. I can whip up something for myself later. I rather have news.

Jiang Cheng frowned: he wasn't smiling when he said that.

- What is it now?  –  he asked carefully.

- Ughh... I'll sure be hating to be asking you this, my boy... I know you too had a hell of a run with the double shifts, but...

Jiang Cheng raised his eyebrows, a little confused. Was this about work? Or?

- No worries, it means good money.  –  he tried to cheer him up, undoing the apron from around his waist.

- I am glad to hear that. It's a philosophy that will get you far in life, my boy!  –  Bobby approved.  –  See, it's A-Ning.

Bobby took out his phone with a sigh, and opened up a calendar app.

- Soo...  -  he started thoughtfully.  –  Today's the 28th, I can take the afternoon and also he'll come for tonight... but tomorrow... hmmm.

Jiang Cheng was blinking, but waited patiently for him to finish, although his shift was technically over.

- OK, dude. So, obviously the new guy has some family stuff for New Year's and he will be outta town. I can't say why but the Boss OK-ed it! Hmmm.  Wonder who the boy's parents are, ha! He will be back for the 31st alright, and the party in the evening... and I think he can come a little early to help us push the tables around, but... OK... OK, yes.

Jiang Cheng smiled and propped himself on his elbows over the counter.

- Lay it on me, Bobby, it's fine!  –  he tried to sound friendly.