〽️👁‍🗨Chapter 124: Restless.

Note:

Link:  https://www.edna.bg/media/foto/izberi-si-uiutna-esenna-kartinka-i-razberi-s-kakvo-shte-te-iznenada-sydbata-11240?p=1

*****

[the 30th of December]

Jiang Cheng finally got to know the true meaning of the word "crave". 

He craved to call Lan Huan and ask him if all this horror scenario in his head was even remotely true.

But there was no other way, right? It was true, how could it not be...

And how could he call? Huan was spending time with his family for the holidays... Judging by everything he had managed to gather about his parents  –  he could only guess how hard it would be for him to be there. But obligation to one's family was serious affair, and  –  in a way  –  he was glad that Lan Xichen was taking this seriously.

He was getting dressed, almost subconsciously, but now another thought invaded his mind and he hiccupped.

Huan was enduring the torture of this family dinner because of... the blond... brat.  Because of his brother.

Dammit.

No, no... How could he care about shopping right now!?

Angrily, he dialed Bobby's number.

''''

- Hi! Hey... Umm... Can I ask for a favor, Bobby? I need to start sooner today... Yes. Even sooner. Yes, even earlier, yes! Well... I am on my way, actually... Yes, perfect. Perfect. I will be there... No, you don't owe anything, Bobby! It's fine. It's all good. I just... Something came up. Yes. Thanks! Thank you.

''''

He had to be busy. 

These thoughts were destroying him, he had to be rid of them. Any substitute was welcome. Any.  Anything.

Naturally, Bobby had no objections to going home earlier. And he... was he going to be OK with such a long shift...? Did it matter...?

Home... What was home?  What was the coziness of his home compared to Lan Huan's kisses... to the touch of his fingers... of his scent, his love...

God...

Did anything matter at all now...

He wasn't coming back... For sure now...

Traveling on the subway, he wondered whether to call A-Li. 

No. 

No, she was spending the holidays in a fucking mob house... Maybe her future husband had taken her away... for the holidays... who knew?