〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 134: Cruelty. {🔞?} [!TW!]

Note:

Ummm, maybe 🔞? I personally don't think so, but be warned: some explicit content ahead.

***

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=443934847714185&set=a.156747683099571

https://mobile.twitter.com/scourgedaughter/status/1571195624803934213

*

Photo credit: "The Sandman", S 01, ep, 10

*****

[the 1st of January]

- Ahh, the Lan family...  -  Mike started with a low growl.  –  I've been yearning to cuff at least one of the real big fish for years! Would you believe that, boy?  –  he scoffed, staring at Jiang Cheng's frowning face now, focused.  –  You are too young to know, but I'm not. A-Huan's Di is some trash kid, true, but the rest of them were kinda awful. Even Mister Lan Senior's brother had a lucrative business, his official stuff was just a front, and we knew it! For years! But of course...  he had all the protection  –  he exclaimed, getting deeper into memories, and into what was his work.

Jiang Wanyin raised an eyebrow. Huan's uncle? The sex shop owner? Really?  This man was delirious! Must have been! Probably drunk. He was still dangerous, though, and he stayed focused too, the muscles of his arms tense and fully ready for action.

- Mister Lan himself is dealing in international armament, probably you've heard about it, boy...  -  Mike went on.  –  All of A-Huan's millions is blood money... gained by funding wars.  He seems to be spending it with pleasure, nonetheless. Keep that in mind next time he buys you an expensive dinner in a fancy restaurant, bǎobèi!  –  he mocked.

Jiang Cheng's frown deepened. He hated fancy restaurants, and after Christmas  –  Lan Xichen never tried that trick again.

- And A-Huan... -  the cop went on dreamily, but got interrupted.

- Quit calling him that!!!  -  Jiang Wanyin growled.  –  He hates it!

- Ahh, feisty!  –  the blonde grinned at him.  –  Alas, it means nothing, your anger. I will do as I please, and you will keep quiet, bǎobèi, am I clear?

The bartender was just about to answer something shifty and brash, but a heavy slap landed across his face, and he almost fell to the ground because of the sheer force. For a second there, he thought he heard a frightened gasp, but then just shook his head  –  his ears must have been ringing.