Chapter 38

Chapter 38

    At the beginning of You Shi, the sunset was on the west mountain, and the sky was full of rays of sunshine, shrouding the Gu residence in a hazy orange-purple halo.

    The drama has come to an end.

    Master Gu again invited Yan to have dinner in the courtyard next to him. The two courtyards were separated by some distance, but it didn't seem boring to walk along the way. Gu Mansion, up and down, the entire scenery of the mansion, no matter who came, he had to praise him.

    More than ten years ago, when the emperor visited Ling'an and entered the garden of Gu Mansion, he improvised a poem to praise the scenery in Gu Mansion.

    When passing an ancient magnolia, Yan Cheng's footsteps paused, standing under the tree, his cool eyes moved down from the blooming flowers, as if he was remembering something, and everyone's footsteps stopped.

    After a short while, Yan Cheng's slightly cool voice sounded, and said, "Is this tree the mother concubine often came to play with when she was young?" In the

    past, An Fei would hold the young Yan Cheng and meet her in Ling'an. I told him all the strange things I heard and did, and among them, I said, this ancient magnolia tree.

    An Fei said: At that time, the three of us would often swing here.

    Master Gu was stunned for a moment, but perhaps he did not expect that Concubine An would say this to His Highness, and hunched over and replied: "If you go back to His Highness, this is indeed the ancient Yulan that Concubine An often used to swing here when she was young. They were moved and sent to the capital."

    "No need," Yan Cheng retracted his gaze, and looked at Xu Qianqian, who had deliberately distanced himself from him, before she shook her head resolutely and put all the rest of his words into her stomach. Li Yan, and now, he said unfinished words, saying: "Master Gu doesn't need to show off with me like this. In the future, there will be opportunities to come and see at any time."

    What to see, it is unknown.

    When the Gu family heard this, they lowered their eyes one after another, but the eldest master bravely responded, "His Royal Highness said yes."

    ...

    When the sky darkened, the group came to the Purification Hall meal.

    The Gu family members were already prosperous, and the dining hall was huge. Yan Cheng did not sit on the main seat. First, he asked Mrs. Gu to take a seat, and then sat on the side with the old man. There was a vacant seat beside the person, and for a moment, he said to Xu Qianqian, who had been keeping his head down in an attempt to minimize his presence: "Qianqian, sit here and accompany the old lady.

    " After breaking off the marriage, everyone in the Gu family would think that their relationship is just as good as usual.

    But in the garden just now, the words of His Royal Highness the Prince are understood by those who understand.

    He didn't say he was with him. Instead, to accompany the old lady, Xu Qianqian had to bite the bullet and sit between Yan Cheng and the old lady Gu.

    The crowd slowly took their seats.

    The maids and wives filed in with delicious food, the hall was silent, and no one dared to speak.

    When the dishes were ready, the maids held water for the masters to clean their hands, and each carried a hot handkerchief and placed it on the side. After that, everyone retreated, leaving only the Gu family and Yan Cheng in the hall. and Xu Qianqian.