Special- Signora 5: Flames of the Present

The next day, Signora had to attend meetings with The Tsaritsa and some other Harbingers so Tartaglia decided to take you to his home today to meet his family. You were surprised to see how huge his family was but all of them were very warm and welcoming to you, his little brother Teucer, especially took a liking to you. You were reminded of Klee a little as you saw him stick around you and play with you all day. 

You had lunch at his house then were sitting on their veranda and watched as his siblings played around, you were thinking about the offer The Tsaritsa made and were lost in your thoughts then Tartaglia called out to you.

"Are you alright, ojou-chan?"

"Y-Yes, I was just thinking about something...." you told him about The Tsaritsa's offer, he was surprised for a moment when he heard that she made the offer twice.

"I see....it seems Her Majesty really believes in your powers and thinks you'll help greatly in her cause."

"I get that but....I'm not sure what to do. I talked to Signora about it and she basically said I should refuse but...." you trailed off and looked down.

"....But you don't want to, right?"

"I-I really can't decide, I understand why she wants me to refuse and frankly, I really don't want to get roped into your business further but for some reason....I-I just am unable to outrightly say no...."

Tartaglia sighed then inched his chair closer to you and patted your shoulder, "Ojou-chan, do you know why I joined The Fatui?"

"Isn't it because you like fighting strong opponents? For the thrill of battle and fighting?"

"Haha that is one reason but it's not the main reason, my main and most important reason to join....is my family. The Tsaritsa guaranteed me that she'll keep my family safe, secure and healthy. Earlier, we used to live in a village on the brink of extinction but when Her Majesty recruited me, she said I can ask for anything in return and I asked her to help my family and she did. She gave us this home and sends us enough money for food, clothes and rent every month and there hasn't been a single month where she didn't fulfill her promise."

"I see, so you fight for the well-being of your family even if it means keeping them in the dark that you are a Fatui Harbinger...."

"Yes, hence I ask you, do you have something or someone you wish to protect and put your life on the line for? The answer to that question will be your answer to her offer, keep in mind The Tsaritsa can grant any and every wish."

For some reason, Signora's face appeared in your mind as soon as he said that. You nodded and looked down, pondering more. You recalled Signora's tragic past and her reason for joining The Fatui, you remembered her pain and agony of losing her past lover, you recalled how she was humiliated and exiled by her own people just cause of her powers and appearance, you remembered her Crimson Witch form which she donned after centuries when she thought you died.

"She was ready to die for me...." you mumbled under your breath then determined yourself and looked back at Tartaglia, "Thanks for that Childe, I think I have an answer now."

He smiled and patted your shoulder then he dropped you at Signora's house in the evening, you went inside and saw that she was already back and was working on some documents in her room. 

"Welcome back, my tiger. Did you have fun at Childe's house?" 

"Oh yes, I did. They were very welcoming and fun to be with. How did your meetings go?"

"They went well, I'll have to help in organizing the feast a little so you'll have to be with him again tomorrow. I'll ask him to take you around the city, I'm so sorry that I'm not giving you enough time but I promise after the feast, I'll give you all of my time."