Chapter 33- The Fated Day

Dainsleif looked at you in wonder when you said that you know about Khaenri'ah.

"Khaenri'ah got destroyed 500 years ago and there are hardly any records of it in the books you'll find all over Teyvat."

"I...I have memories of Khaenri'ah...." you replied while standing up.

"When I arrived in this world 6 months back, I had lost most of my memories but slowly I have been regaining them back. I haven't told this to anyone, not even to her...." you said while looking down.

"You can tell me more on the way, you said you met an Abyss Herald then we should try and track him down." said Dainsleif.

You nodded and proceeded to follow him, you came across some trails of the Abyss which lead you to Nantianmen.

"This tree here...." Dainsleif pondered as he looked at the strange tree.

"This tree has always given me very peculiar vibes and earlier it was restricted to go near it." you told Dainsleif.

"This tree is housing a seal here....a seal of an ancient creature..." Dainsleif said.

"Ancient creature? Just like Dvalin? Why did the trail lead us here...."

"Look there....a horde of Abyss mages..." Dainsleif pointed to the backend of the tree.

"W-We must defeat them quickly!" you said and ran towards the mages.

You defeated all of them and while they were retreating one of them dropped a talisman of sorts which you picked up and brought over to Dainsleif. He looked at the talisman for a moment then finally spoke.

"I see....this talisman has their entire operation written here..."

"Y-You can read what it says? It looked like a very weird language to me..."

As both of you looked over the talisman, suddenly some Fatui agents and skirmishers came near you.

"Fatui?! Are they always keeping an eye on this area or something?!" you exclaimed.

"I'll leave them in your hands while I decipher the rest of this talisman and find a promising lead for us." he said and disappeared.

"H-Huh?! I have to deal with them alone?!"

You clenched your sword and proceeded towards the Fatui, as you started defeating them one by one suddenly some Millelith lead by Keqing came near the area.

"O-Oh no, I can't let Keqing see me. She'll report to Ning, I better get out of here and meet up with Dainsleif again." you thought and stepped back from the Fatui.

The Millelith engaged the Fatui and you slipped away from the side and ran away, you thought you went away unnoticed but Keqing actually had a small peek at you and decided to follow you. After running for some time you stopped and looked around to see any signs of Dainsleif, all of a sudden he appeared in front of you.

"D-Dain! Did you find anything?"

"Indeed I did, it seems we'll have to go back to the ruins and destroy that statue. That statue was holding an orb housing abyssal powers, if not destroyed then those powers can spread all over Liyue. But before that, tell me what you know about Khaenri'ah and make it quick." he spoke firmly.

You told him about the sea of flames you saw 500 years ago and the God you encountered....

"I see, so your first memory of this world is being awakened by your brother who told you that the destruction of Khaenri'ah has plunged the whole world into chaos hence both of you should leave this world. Did I get that right?"