Chapter 12- Preparations

Both Keqing and Ningguang sat on the table on opposite sides, Keqing looking at Ningguang with a glare and waiting for her to speak.

"Keqing, do you know what happened in Mondstadt 2 months back when y/n was there?" questioned Ningguang.

"Didn't she fight a dragon and save the city? Something like that?" answered Keqing.

"Yes, that is what is known to the public but there's more to it. Y/n told me she met their god, the Anemo Archon, Barbatos and he helped them save the city. Then afterwards both of them encountered one of The Fatui Harbingers called Signora who stole Barbatos' gnosis right in front of her eyes." said Ningguang.

"What?! Stole an Archon's gnosis?! Is that even possible?!" asked Keqing bewildered.

Ningguang nodded then spoke again.

"I believe you are aware of the Fatui's increasing activities in Liyue over the month. I met another one of their Harbingers called Tartaglia. That man had suspicious written all over his face and I have been wary of him ever since then but I was unable to track his movements properly." she looked up at Keqing.

"If these Harbingers are collecting the gnosis of every Archon then I believe we have a possible answer to what happened today and I have a plan in mind."

"Let me guess, you agreed to let her get apprehended in hopes of her picking up the hints and leading us to the culprits?"

"Precisely. Now, before you start lecturing me again. I'm well aware I'm using her and I'm not content about it at all but at the moment this is the best we can do to find the true culprits and prevent things from escalating further. Also, let me inform you, our contract is valid till the Rite of Descension only. Therefore, once things have been sorted out, she is free from my 'bounds' and I won't interfere in her life anymore. Does this satisfy you now?"

Keqing looked at Ningguang wide-eyed then sighed and nodded.

"Fine, I understand. I'll be on standby for any situation."

Keqing went back to her residence, Ningguang sighed and pinched her temples then rested her upper body atop the table.

"This is for the best, I will let her go after all these things are done....Let her go and these feelings as well....Hah~ Life really is cruel, this is the first time I genuinely felt something for someone, unlike those previous suitors I had, but I had to choose the person who I knew from the beginning would someday leave and I can't stop her...."

A few minutes later, Ganyu came to Ningguang's office and offered some tea to her to help her relax after such a tedious day and Ningguang told her the plan as well.

"I understand, Lady Ningguang. You don't need to worry, if y/n trusts you then I'm sure she'll do things right and help us. I'm sure soon enough things will start getting better." said Ganyu.

Ningguang had ordered one of the secret spies of the Qixing to keep an eye on you and report each and every move of yours. She also told the Millelith to take you to the old prison at Dunyu Ruins. That prison may have been abandoned now but she had the power to bring it back to life for one day. Then she ordered the other Millelith to hide Exuvia inside the Golden House, discreetly.

Ningguang felt slightly better now but the situation was far from being under control. For the rest of the day she met various people, trying to calm them down and taking care of Liyue side by side. She also kept on getting news of your actions which made her heart lighter knowing you had caught up with her plan.

She went to her room and laid on her bed, although she wasn't sleepy at all knowing what she has put you through.

"Mhm~ She really keeps on amazing me, I didn't think she would trust me this much after spending just a few weeks with me. If only I could keep her in Liyue.....no, that would be too selfish of me....I have no right to keep her here....If only we had a little more time...."