Chapter 52- Gratitude

As you were walking back to the Jade Chamber, you looked at Ningguang and thought about all the things she said for you back at the court and got emotional, you kept gazing at her for a while then she looked at you and lightly caressed your cheek then asked, "Is everything alright, my dear?" 

You came back to your senses then looked forward again and nodded, she got a bit suspicious about your behavior but didn't ask for now. Both of you reached the Jade Chamber and went to her room to sleep for the night, you sat on the bed while she removed her accessories and makeup in the mirror, you were gazing at her again then stood up and wrapped your arms around her waist and hugged her from behind, she was startled for a moment but smiled and kept her palms on your hands then asked in a gentle tone, "You want to say something, don't you, my dear?" 

"T-Thank you...for all that you said about me at the court today..." 

She chuckled then turned around and wrapped her arms around your neck and gazed into your eyes, "I was only stating the facts, you don't need to thank me for something like that." 

"I-I know but still...and there's something else as well..." 

"Hmm? Go ahead and say it, my dear." 

You blushed and averted your eyes then asked, "Y-You said that you are my family.....i-is that a....?" 

She looked at you with a confused face and waited for you to continue then you spoke with hesitation again, "I-Is that....a p-p...proposal...?"  

She looked at you wide-eyed and realized what you were referring to, she didn't say anything for a while and you thought that you got the wrong idea.

"T-That's not the case, right? Y-You were only using it as a figure of speech just like the rest of the people, right? Haha, I'm sorry I got the wrong idea....d-don't worry about it..." you laughed lightly and tried to lighten up the serious atmosphere then she looked away, you saw that she was blushing up to her ears and were surprised then thought, "....Is this seriously happening...?"

You looked at her for a while then determined yourself and tightened your grip around her waist and pulled her towards yourself, the sudden movement of you pulling her alarmed her and she looked at you then you locked eyes with her and said firmly, "It's alright, you don't have to say it. I will say it....properly....and when the time is right....we don't have to rush things...."

She blushed more now then smiled and kissed you, you both kissed gently for a while then parted and went to bed to sleep. The next morning you went to Northland Bank to talk to Signora and thank her as well, the receptionist told you she's in her room and that she has allowed you to come in anytime you want, even when she's not in. You went up and knocked on her door but no reply came, you waited for a while then knocked again, "Signora? Are you there?"  

A few moments later the door finally opened and she was standing in front of you with a slightly annoyed face, "I-I'm sorry, did I disturb you? I'll come back later when you are free..." you said and were about to turn around to go back but she held your wrist and pulled you inside the room then locked the door and looked at you with her arms crossed, "Didn't the receptionist say you can come in anytime you want? You don't have to knock and wait for me to allow you in." 

"I-I can't just barge into your room like that, what if you are doing something important...I will always respect your boundaries...." 

She looked at you wide-eyed then chuckled and came closer to your face, "I don't mind you breaching my boundaries, little tiger~"

You blushed slightly then she walked towards the bed and sat on the edge and patted the place beside her indicating you to sit, you hesitated for a moment then went and sat beside her keeping some distance between you two, she moved closer to you then held your face and moved it towards herself and looked into your eyes, "So? What do you want to talk to me about, little tiger?"