Chapter 13- Preparations II

While coming back to Northland Bank, suddenly you heard someone calling out to you from a nearby shop. You looked towards the direction of the shop and saw a jewelry shop owner calling out to you.

"Traveller! Would you like to have a look at the latest Jade collection?"

"No, thank you. I'm not interested."

"Ah wait! I have the best Jade even approved by the Tianquan!"

You looked at him suspiciously and saw him wink at you then beckoned his finger, indicating you to come closer.

"What is the Jade that even Lady Ningguang approves?"

"It's this one! The Jade reflects everything that passes by and knows everything. Even the happenings in the shadows."

"I see, how much is the price?"

"Even the mora inside the Golden House cannot be enough for this Jade but for you, it's on the house! As long as you know its meaning."

He smirked slightly then handed you the Jade and you accepted it with a nod then proceeded towards Northland Bank.

"Wow, that was certainly a smart way to tell me she's aware of my actions..."

You sighed then reached Northland Bank and were greeted by Tartaglia.

"Ojou-chan! Everything went well?"

"Yes, almost all preparations are done. We should be able to hold it tomorrow."

"I see, that's good. All the best, I'll get going to do my work now."

He waved his hand at you and went out, you still felt suspicious of him but didn't ponder too much then went up to your room and laid down, holding the Jade in your hand and observing it.

"This is quite a beautiful piece....I better return it to her later....So, she's aware of what I'm doing, if we are able to complete the preparations for the Rite of Parting tomorrow and assuming nothing goes wrong then....our contract will soon come to an end.....It was valid till the Rite of Descension since we had thought I'd get leads from Rex Lapis and then leave for another place accordingly but....things didn't go exactly as planned...."

You sighed and held the Jade close to your chest then turned around and hugged a pillow.

"Do I really want things to end this way....?"

--NINGGUANG'S SIDE OF THE STORY FOR THE DAY—

She hardly slept last night, constant thoughts about you and Liyue lingered in her mind. She woke up and went to her usual routine, having meetings with multitudes of people and getting reports on you. Later in the day, she had an important meeting with the Adepti. Moon Carver had talked to the rest of the Adepti and decided to have a formal meeting with her.

They talked about this plan of hers and decided to go along with it. Ningguang also received a report of Tartaglia being aware of the Exuvia kept in the Golden House. She knew this was the right moment to strike, the Adepti were willing to lend a hand as well. Although they weren't entirely in acceptance of Ningguang and the Qixing, they saw Ningguang's potential and felt she would do things right.

Keqing was also present in this meeting. She brought up the point of wanting Liyue to stand on its own, without the Adepti and Rex Lapis' watchful eyes. The Adepti were furious at this suggestion, they had protected Liyue for centuries and it was outrageous for them to leave it. Ningguang modified the suggestion a little and asked them to protect Liyue closely rather than just watching from shadows.