Chapter 83- Arrival

The ship was about to dock at the harbor of Fontaine so you came back to your cabin where Ningguang was preparing to board off, you went and stood behind her and tied a blindfold on her eyes, she was surprised for a moment then chuckled and you proceeded to lead her to the main deck. You stood at one edge and as soon as the ship stopped you removed her blindfold and stepped forward.

"Welcome to Fontaine!" you exclaimed with joy. 

She tried to look as surprised as possible to not make you realize that she had figured it out earlier, she gasped lightly then smiled and hugged you.

"You know my dear, I have been wanting to come here for years now. You just fulfilled one of my long-standing wishes." she said while hugging you.

"Really?! I'm glad I chose Fontaine then!" 

She chuckled and caressed your cheek then both of you proceeded to board off the ship, you walked through the harbor and looked around it in awe. Both of you were equally surprised by how different it is from Liyue, it was much more developed and the people also looked very different. You reached the exit of the harbor and saw a man standing with a placard in hand that had your and Ningguang's name written on it then went to his side and greeted him.

"Bonjour madame Ningguang and madame Y/n! I welcome you both to Fontaine on Monsieur Laurent's behalf, please sit in the carriage and we'll proceed to the main city, Paris immediately." said the driver while bowing slightly.

Both of you nodded then sat inside the carriage, even their carriages were extremely different from the ones found in Liyue. For one, it was motor-powered and not drawn by horses or other animals so it was naturally faster and smoother. 

"So you took up Mr Laurent's invitation." she said while sitting inside the carriage.

"Y-Yes, since I don't really know anything about nations other than Liyue, Mondstadt and Inazuma so I felt this would be right. D-Do you not like it?" you said nervously.

She chuckled then pulled you into her embrace, "Why would I not like it? You made the most reasonable choice and I'm glad to be here with you."  

You smiled then hugged her back, she let go after a while then both of you looked out from the window on each of your sides. Ningguang's eyes were wide-open most of the time in seeing so many different things, you could tell she was thinking of implementing some things in Liyue and had already made plans in her mind. Even though it was nighttime and you were on the outskirts, the surroundings were very lively and well-lit. 

"Mesdames, we will be entering Paris in a short while." said the driver from the front. 

A few moments later the surroundings lightened up even more and you were finally inside Paris, your eyes sparkled as you looked out from the window and saw how different the structure of the buildings was and how the people were dressed so uniquely. It was close to 10 pm now but the city was bustling just like how Liyue bustles in the middle of the day. The carriage stopped in front of a huge and luxurious building and was titled 'Hotel Plaza Athenee', the driver stepped out and opened the door of the carriage for you both and bowed courteously.

"Mesdames, Monsieur Laurent has arranged your accomodation in this hotel. Your luggage has already been delivered to your room, you will receive your room key after checking in at the reception. I will come to pick you up at 9 am tomorrow and take you to Monsieur Laurent's residence, he would like you to have breakfast with him and then visit the National Court." said the driver while bowing.

Both of you nodded then the driver drove the carriage away while you both stood at the entrance of the hotel and looked around the city, taking the view in.