Chapter 15- Endgame II

You looked at her bewildered and feeling nervous. You felt her ruby red eyes gazing into your soul very passionately, telling you that she won't back down this time. You pondered and glanced around the room, looking at all the things and thinking of their value but nothing caught your eye....except the woman standing in front of you, looking at you expectantly. You suddenly thought of something, something unexpected and brave.

"If this is the last time we will be in contact then....I just want one day....It's worth a shot, I guess...." you thought then sighed and looked at Ningguang, ready with your answer.

"I don't want any object from here, Lady Ningguang but...if I may be so bold....may I ask for you?"

Ningguang looked at you wide-eyed and felt warmth infuse her cheeks, she couldn't say anything for a moment then composed herself.

"Could you please elaborate, y/n?"

"T-There's nothing in this room that I want, Lady Ningguang but I'd like to spend one day with you alone, not as your bodyguard but as a normal person....just one day...."

Your face turned redder and you became embarrassed after saying that, Ningguang also seemed shocked then after a moment of silence she walked towards you again, standing closely in front of you and gripped your chin with her thumb and index finger as usual.

"Shall I take it that you are asking me out on a date?"

"Yes, I-I understand I might be overstepping my boundaries and I know you are very busy. I'm not forcing you, if you refus-"

"I accept. I'd love to go out with you."

You looked at her wide-eyed, not expecting her to accept and became flustered. She chuckled and let go of your chin then caressed your face.

"How about at the end of this week? That would give me sufficient time to complete my work so we'll be able to relax and go around freely."

"Yes, I'm fine with any day you pick, Lady Ningguang. Is there any particular place you'd like to go to?"

"Hmm~ We'll have dinner here in the Jade Chamber and rest I'll leave up to you. Take me anywhere you want~"

She came closer and kissed your cheek, making you more flustered then moved back and smiled. You blushed and looked away, she chuckled then walked back to her side of the table.

"Y/n, even though our contract has ended, the offer to stay here in the Jade Chamber for the rest of your time in Liyue still stands and I won't make you sign another contract for it. It is completely up to you, I'll support whatever decision you make."

"I can be with her more if I stay here....I want to be with her....as much as possible.....until it's time....." you pondered.

"T-Then I graciously accept if it's not any trouble, Lady Ningguang."

"It's no trouble at all, y/n. In fact, I'm glad to have some company aside from my secretaries."

You smiled and thanked her then she sat back on her chair to continue her work while you went back to your room and laid down, thinking about what just happened.

"D-Did she actually accept....?! I can't believe it.....! I...I better plan properly....What does she like? What are her favorite places? I....I guess I'll ask Keqing if she knows something...."

You giggled to yourself then Ganyu came in and gave you some food to help you feel better. You eventually fell asleep again then woke up the next morning as you felt the rays of the sun falling directly on your face, making you squint your eyes open.