Chapter 6- Special

You came out to the external platform of the Jade Chamber where Ningguang was waiting for you, she smiled as soon as you stood beside her.

"I have a meeting with a Fatui Harbinger at Northland Bank in a few moments, then after that I have to buy a few necessities for the Jade Chamber so we'll go to the marketplace."

"Alright, Lady Ningguang. But, if you don't mind me saying, shouldn't your secretaries or any other staff member be buying the necessities?"

"Yes, that is true. I was going to send one of my secretaries at first but then I remembered I have this meeting so I thought I'll go by myself. It has been a while since I went to the market, I'll see how all the merchants and shopkeepers are doing and also meet my reporters."

"Oh I see, I understand."

"Also....." she trailed off and looked down. You waited for her to continue but she shrugged then proceeded to walk down.

You were confused but didn't ask and continued following her, you reached Northland Bank at sharp 11 am. The agents outside saw you with Ningguang and stopped you from going inside.

"She's with me. I'm allowed to bring a guard along, am I not?" said Ningguang while glaring at one of the agents.

"Our apologies but our Lord has told us to stop any outsiders from entering this meeting." said one agent.

"She's not an outsider. She's my personal bodyguard."

The agents wanted to refute further when the door of the bank opened and you saw a tall, ginger-haired man having a mask on the left side; standing in front of you, looking at you both with a grin.

"It's alright, let them enter. We can't delay the meeting further." said the man.

The agents nodded and cleared the way for you both, you became suspicious of him as you could tell he was the Fatui Harbinger Ningguang was talking about. You walked inside the bank and looked around, wondering if that woman Harbinger, Signora was also here but the bank was mostly empty. The three of you walked towards a table and both of them sat down on opposite sides of the table while you stood behind Ningguang.

They started discussing some things related to markets and trade between Liyue and Snezhnaya, you could follow some parts of the discussion and were able to tell that Snezhnaya wants to expand their market into Liyue further.

You looked at Ningguang who looked as calm and composed as ever and handled the negotiations properly. After almost two hours the meeting finally ended, the resolution was in Ningguang's favor but from the Harbinger's expression you could tell he was planning something more.

Both of them stood up and Ningguang proceeded to walk out, you followed her and went out of the bank. As you were going out, you glanced back at the man once and saw him smiling and waving mysteriously at you.

You became more suspicious and immediately went to Ningguang's side and continued walking, both of you were now in the market area and Ningguang let out a contented sigh as soon as you reached here.

"That seemed pretty tough." you said in a worried tone.

"Hah~ It was just the usual, discussions with The Fatui are always like this. That man, Tartaglia, is surely planning something...."

"Could it be somehow related to the Rite of Descension?"

"Ara~ You also think that?"

"Well, I did have an encounter with another Harbinger in Mondstadt and it wasn't exactly a pleasant encounter but I didn't think too much of it since it was quite brief."