Chapter 18- Confession

You were surprised to see the kind of preparation she did, all for one single date which could possibly mean nothing in the future.

"N-Ningguang, you didn't have to do all this...."

"A good date is supposed to have a candlelight dinner. This isn't much, y/n. Be at ease."

You blushed slightly then nodded and started eating, this moment was a very blissful moment for you. Atop the Jade Chamber, having a candlelight dinner with the Lady of the Jade Chamber and the view of the whole of Liyue surrounding you.

Many people wish to simply set foot up here but you had lived here for almost a month, that too, on the invitation of The Lady herself. You couldn't help but feel special, maybe what Keqing said that Ningguang acts differently around you is true, after all.

"Y/n dear, would you accompany me to my room after this? There's something I'd like to give you."

"Oh alright, actually there's something I'd like to give you as well."

"Well then, I suppose we can have our exchange there."

Minutes later both of you went inside to go to her room, you went to your own room first to pick the gift you had for her then went to her room. You stood in front of the door, feeling slightly nervous as this was the first time you would enter her room. You took a few deep breaths then knocked and heard a soft 'come in' from inside and opened the door to go in.

"Have a seat, dear. No need to feel shy."

She pointed to the bed and you nodded then went in and sat on the edge of the bed. You were astonished by her room for a good minute, the whole of Jade Chamber was a marvelous work of architecture in itself but her room was even more fascinating. The bed was big enough for 4-5 people and felt very comfy to sit on, there were various ornaments and antiques all around, a study table in one corner and a dressing table in another.

She took out something from her cupboard then came and sat beside you, looking at you with a smile. You felt your heart rate getting faster as she sat close to you and you were inside her room, sitting on her bed all alone with her.

"Y/n dear, would you like to go first?"

"Oh no please, you go first."

She smiled then opened the packet in her hand then held your hand and slid in a bracelet.

"This is a symbol of my gratitude for all that you did for me and Liyue and for today as well. I greatly enjoyed myself after a very long time so thank you, y/n."

You looked at her wide-eyed, surprised by the sudden gift and your face formed a bright shade of red.

"There was no need for this, you asked me to pick a reward and the date we had today was the reward...."

She smiled then extended her hand towards your face and gently cupped it.

"Then, add this to the reward as well. And I won't take it back, it's already yours now."

You blushed more then shyly nodded, she chuckled then retraced her hand and you composed yourself then took out the bracelet from your packet.

"This is my thanks to you as well, for taking care of me and making my stay in Liyue comfortable and for helping me look for my brother along the way."

It was her turn to be surprised now, she also blushed slightly then smiled and received it.

"Thank you, this is really beautiful. Did you make it yourself, dear?"