Chapter 24- The After-Party

The doors opened and you both entered the restaurant. It was brilliantly embellished with lanterns and gold decor, a huge chandelier hung in the middle of the restaurant as well. The people's eyes fell upon you two as soon as you entered but they all were actually looking at Ningguang, especially the men. They whispered things to each other and smirked while looking at her, you could sense some of them having downright creepy thoughts right now.

"Seriously, such animals...." you heard Ningguang whisper in an annoyed tone.

"Hey, you two!" you heard a familiar voice call out to you.

You looked around and saw Keqing coming towards you and were relieved to see that she was here as well.

"Honestly, you both sure took your time. What were you doing?~" she asked with a smug.

"Uhh, nothing much..." you replied nervously.

"Well anyway, good thing you both are here now. The rest of the Qixing were getting restless."

"Why is that, Keqing?" Ningguang questioned.

"Don't ask me, I have no idea." she replied.

Suddenly someone called out to Keqing from the side and she excused herself and went away. Both of you stood near a corner, you looked at her slightly discomforted face and held her hand to ease her. She sighed then smiled at you.

"I have been meaning to ask, you said the Qixing organize this party but you seem very uninterested in it. Does that mean you don't directly prepare this party?"

"Yes, that's true, I don't. I simply give them the approval of doing it but the planning and execution is done by all the other members. They all belong to well-established families in Liyue, it's in their blood to hold parties like this. I don't like such pretentious and frivolous gatherings, they are a waste of time and resources but as the Tianquan I'm obliged to attend. Every party is like a battlefield to me, everyone is vying to woo me and hoping to get words out of my mouth regarding Liyue's secrets." she sighed more.

"I don't need such inflated and artificial people near me." she said and firmly held your hand.

"You tell me, what do you think of this party, my dear?"

"Ah well....it's quite grand for sure. I have never been to any parties of such stature, at least not in the memories I have at present."

She gave you a sympathetic look and caressed your cheek, you smiled back at her. After a while, Keqing came towards you two again.

"Ningguang, stop flirting and come now. There are many people waiting to talk to you."

"Alright...I'm coming." she sighed.

"Well, looks like your battle is about to begin. Give them hell~" you said teasingly.

She sneered at you then went away, leaving you alone in the corner. You decided to roam around a little, you came across the food corner and looked at it in amazement. All the dishes were splendidly arranged and looked irresistible, you couldn't hold back and started to eat. They were all delicious but you were so used to the food at the Jade Chamber that they didn't hold much difference.

You also saw a bar corner that seemed to house quite exquisite mocktails, you went up to the bartender and asked for a non-alcoholic drink as you weren't sure about your alcohol tolerance. You sat on a stool in front of the bar table and glanced around while sipping on your drink.

Your eyes quickly found Ningguang, she was surrounded by a bunch of rich-looking people, mostly men. They all seemed to be giggling but you knew the smile on her face is just a fake smile she's forcing. A man came beside you and ordered two glasses of wine then glanced at you in surprise.