Chapter 28- Love and Rivalry

Another month passed with no major happenings, your days were filled with doing commissions for the Adventurer's Guild and Ningguang's were filled with keeping Liyue safe and prosperous. Around the starting of the new month, a letter came to the Jade Chamber addressed to you and  Ningguang called you over to look at it. The letter contained the seal of the Knights of Favonius and the writing on the envelope looked like Jean's handwriting, you opened the letter in anticipation and read it aloud while sitting in Ningguang's office.

"Dear Honorary Knight,

May the Anemo Archon lead your way and bless you with happiness and freedom, it is with great pleasure that Mondstadt invites you to attend the Windblume Festival which will take place three days from now. Windblume Festival is a festival celebrating the Thousand Winds of Mondstadt, during the festival Mondstadt offers Windblumes to Lord Barbatos and to those they love and adore. It is also referred to as the Festival of Love and is an opportunity to improve any and all relationships that people have. Being the Honorary Knight who saved Mondstadt, we announce you as the Windblume Star of this year and give you the honor of formally presenting a Windblume to Lord Barbatos. We also extend an invitation to Tianquan, Lady Ningguang to accompany you to the 3 days long festival, there will be many fun activities and games which you can take part in and have fun. Let the Wind Lead.

With regards

Acting Grand Master, Jean"

"That is what the letter says..." you looked at Ningguang. 

"Heh~ Interesting..." she said with an amused look. 

"We'll be going, right?" you asked in an excited tone.

"Yes, of course. Let me see how Mondstadt plans to honor you, I doubt it will be better than my preparations~" she said with confidence.

"Also....I'll finally meet that Librarian of yours~" she smirked.

"Oh no...hopefully everything goes well." you thought nervously.  

--3 DAYS LATER AT MONDSTADT--

Both of you reached the city at 11 am, you glanced at all the beautiful decorations around the city in awe and walked inside.

"Wow, they have used such pretty colors and designs..."

"Hmph, these are nothing special. I could do much better." she scoffed.

As you both entered you were greeted by Amber who had come to escort you to Jean's office.

"Traveler, long time no see! Have you been doing well?" she asked with a smile. 

"Amber! It's so good to see you!" you hugged her lightly then she glanced at Ningguang and straightened herself.

"My apologies, I am Amber an Outrider associated with the Knights of Favonius. I'm here to escort you both to Acting Grand Master's office." she bowed slightly. 

You both followed her into the city as she took you to the Knights of Favonius HQ.

"She's the very first person I met in this world and my first friend." you whispered to Ningguang while walking.

"She's a cheerful girl." said Ningguang with a smile. 

You reached the HQ and Amber went away saying she's got some work to do, you entered the building then went to Jean's office. Jean looked at you both and stood up with a smile.