Chapter 17- Together

Minutes later, you came back to her office carrying a tray consisting of a teapot, 2 teacups and a plate of biscuits and kept them on the empty corner of her table. The mellow scent of the tea gently caressed her nose and she looked up in surprise.

"Oh my~ Did you prepare this yourself, dear?"

"Y-Yes, I thought you should take a break and relax now. I hope you don't mind this..."

"Hehe~ I don't. In fact, I'm glad because I was thinking of asking my secretary to bring some tea in a few moments. Your timing is just perfect."

You smiled then poured the tea in one cup and handed it to her, she took a whiff of it and her expressions softened up from the sweet scent then she took a sip, you looked at her expectantly as she drank and hoped it was good.

"Dear y/n, this is very delicious.....did you really make this yourself...?" she asked in a surprised tone.

"Y-Yes, I learned to make it in Mondstadt, you remember the librarian I told you about?"

"Mhm, I do. So, she taught you this as well?"

"Yes, she also gave me some ingredients to make tea during my travels."

"I see, it seems your time in Mondstadt was very informative and useful....much better than here....."

"That's not true, Lady Ningguang. I learned many things here as well, especially from you. Being by your side and observing your work taught me a lot. I don't think any minute of it was wasted."

Her face formed a light shade of pink then she chuckled and put her teacup down and stood up, she came to your side and gently kept her palm on your face making you flustered now. She rubbed her thumb on your face and gazed into your eyes for a while, you felt your heart rate fastening and your face getting warmer then she started coming closer to your face, to your lips.

You blushed more as she came closer then suddenly a knock was heard on the office followed by the voice of one of the secretaries calling out to her. She stopped right when she was just a few inches away from your lips and walked back to her seat and sat down then allowed the secretary in.

You stood still at your spot, your face bright red and your heart about to burst out of your chest then shook your head a little and went back to your room as you were too embarrassed to look at Ningguang.

"W-Was she really about to kiss me just now....?! I must be imagining things....there's no way....."

Ningguang's heart was also beating very loudly and she was struggling to keep herself composed for the rest of the day as she worked. You didn't see each other for the rest of the day, she had dinner in her office as she had to work while you didn't really have the appetite to eat anything.

For the rest of the days, until the end of the week, you went around Liyue and checked out various places that you could visit with her and things to do with her. You also made a handmade bracelet to give her at the end of your date that day as a symbol of gratitude. As the days passed by and you spent more time with her inside the Jade Chamber, you fell for her harder and the pain started growing in your chest as well.

"If only time would stop at this moment....What I want....is to stay here....with her but....I don't know if she wants me and....I can't leave my brother behind....I need to continue on my journey...."

Finally, it was now the last day of the week, you woke up early in the morning and got yourself dressed then went for breakfast, she also walked in a few moments later and both of you ate together then proceeded to go down to the city.