Chapter 69- The Letter

---SAME DAY AT LIYUE---

Ningguang was invited to a business gathering at Liuili Pavillion, there was going to be a meeting followed by a dinner party with drinks. She initially planned to just attend the meeting and come back but was made to come to the dinner party by some of the businessmen present there. At the party she stood in one corner alone, a waiter came up to her and offered her a drink.

"I shouldn't drink much today...." she thought and took a glass then the waiter went away.

A few moments later some men gathered around her and started to talk and flirt with her, she put up her usual poker face and talked with them. Almost an hour passed as she kept them entertained and her throat was coarse from all the talking, one of the men got a drink for her which she accepted politely and continued to talk. 

Another hour passed and now a dance had begun, one of the men was quicker than others and offered to dance with her, she wanted to refuse but accepted reluctantly and was escorted to the center of the hall by hand. The man put his arm around her waist and pulled her towards himself, she looked away and put her hand on his shoulder and both of them began to dance. The music was sophisticated yet upbeat, almost that of Bolero dancing.

The man took this chance and pulled her even closer, they were pretty much hugging now then he began to sway her around with wide sweeping movements, she frowned slightly and tried to slow down the pace but the man kept his control on her firmly. There were steps where he hugged her from behind and moved his face closer to her neck taking her scent in, she was annoyed but held back and tried to get done with the dance as quickly as possible.

The last step was the man turning her around and then bringing her into a dip, he gazed into her eyes while holding her down and she averted her gaze then he moved her back up and both of them bowed lightly, he kept holding her hand and proceeded to take her to an empty table but she took her hand back and refused then excused herself from the party and went back to the Jade Chamber, she went to the bathroom and slipped her dress off then went inside the bath.

"Hah~ I hate such parties. He touched me all over...." she said while sitting in the bath.

She dipped a bit further in and closed her eyes, a few moments later Ganyu knocked on the bath door and called out to her.

"Lady Ningguang, a letter has come for you." said Ganyu from behind the door.

"At this hour? Who is it from?" 

"From y/n, Lady Ningguang."

Ningguang's face immediately lit up, she got out of the bath and briskly walked to the door and opened it and took the letter then Ganyu went away and Ningguang closed the door and lightly caressed the letter with a smile on her face then proceeded to open it.

"Dear Ning

I reached Inazuma safely with Thoma and went through a lot of procedures but finally got inside the main city. The scenery is quite beautiful, sakura trees are almost everywhere and the vast ocean all around the island is entrancing. I'm staying at the Kamisato Household, it is quite traditional and sophisticated but I miss the Jade Chamber already, yesterday I went to the largest shrine in Inazuma with Ayaka, the Lady of the Kamisato clan. The shrine was situated atop a mountain and it was very serene, I also witnessed a traditional ceremony and stayed there for the night. Ayaka has been doing as she promised in the letter, it seems I will be able to cover Narukami Island, the main island of Inazuma in a week or so with her and might go to a few places by myself on the rest of the days.

I heard there is a festival here soon, I'll try to attend it and then tell you all about it in the next letter. I suppose it will be close to 2 weeks by the time you receive this letter so the next letter will probably be longer. I went around the market and found a few suitable souvenirs for everyone and a special one for you so please look forward to it when I come back! I also tried Inazuma's food, it is quite different from what I expected but really delicious. I learnt a few recipes and was thinking of organizing a party for everyone to try out these dishes, the chefs said they would love it for Liyue's people to try Inazuman food.