Chapter 3- Starting

At 7 pm, you got ready for your dinner party with Ningguang and went to the Jade Chamber. You were greeted by a secretary who guided you to the dining table and got you settled on one end, a few moments later Ningguang walked in and sat on the other end, opposite of you.

"Welcome, y/n. I'm grateful you accepted this invitation. Let us start by making a toast to our contract. I hope you don't mind drinking wine?"

"I-I can't hold more than 2 glasses so I won't drink much."

"Alright, I understand."

She smiled and raised her glass up and you did as well and slightly tilted them in the air then took a sip. The secretaries served the food soon after and what you saw left you wide-eyed, it was close to a lavish feast. 

A feast made just for two people, you felt slightly embarrassed then started eating. Ningguang looked at you as you ate, noticing the foods you picked up first and your expressions while eating them. You also glanced at Ningguang every now and then, noticing how gracefully and in a well-behaved manner she ate.

"Y/n, if you don't mind me asking. What sort of world have you come from?"

"O-Oh I actually don't remember. I don't have much memories intact. In fact, I mostly have memories of my time here in this world only."

"I see, I apologize for asking such a personal question."

"It's alright, Lady Ningguang. I don't mind."

She smiled and continued eating then a few moments later, you looked at her, wanting to ask something.

"U-Uh Lady Ningguang, may I ask you something as well?"

"Of course you may, y/n."

"H-How long did it take for you to build the Jade Chamber?"

"Hehe~ Well, I started keeping funds for it aside as soon as I started learning trade and commerce. Does that give you an idea of how long I was at it?"

"Y-Yes it does. That's really impressive, Lady Ningguang. To have planned for it such a long time ago and actually be able to accomplish it....it requires a lot of determination and persistence."

"Why, thank you. I'd say you are quite determined as well. Being all alone in this unfamiliar world, meeting strangers and fighting to look for your brother for so long....Not many people can keep themselves composed and have the will to keep on going."

"You overexaggerate, Lady Ningguang. It has just been 2 months since I came to this world, I was really different in the beginning but the people of Mondstadt changed me and took care of me. I wouldn't be able to keep myself going if not for them...."

"I see, that's good."

Both of you finished the food a while later and you got up, ready to go back but she stopped you.

"Y/n, would you like to take a walk with me? I'll show you around the Jade Chamber."

"O-Oh...um...alright."

You were going to refuse but you did want to go around the Jade Chamber and explore it. She smiled and started walking and you followed her, going up and down the Jade Chamber and listening to stories about the things kept inside of it. Almost an hour passed and you were finally done going around and stopped at the external platform.

"Thank you very much for inviting me, Lady Ningguang. I had a lot of fun and the food was very delicious as well. Your Jade Chamber is really beautiful too and I'm glad to have got the chance to explore it."