Chapter 38- Jealous Much?

The next morning, you woke up early again and found her sitting at the dressing table, getting ready as usual. You closed your eyes again and pretended to sleep, she got ready then stood up and came to your side and caressed your face lightly, kissing your forehead then went out of the room.

You woke up a few hours later and got dressed to go to the city, you went to Liuli Pavillion and asked the waitress outside if Ningguang was inside to which she said yes. You roamed around the area, keeping a close eye on the restaurant at all times then two hours later the doors of the restaurant opened and Ningguang walked out along with the same man beside her.

Both of them started walking somewhere and you followed them, discreetly, just like yesterday. Today, they went to Dihua Marsh and walked around as usual, examining and talking about things. You again saw him putting moves on her, eventually putting his arm on her shoulder or around her waist. You would look at Ningguang expectantly, hoping for her to say something but she remained quiet and continued walking beside him.

Both of them kept walking around, visiting various places together and talking. You walked a bit closer to hear what they were talking about but your attempt was in vain as Ningguang suddenly turned around and you had to hide behind a bush haphazardly. You kept looking at them as they walked, the man putting his hands on her again and just for a short moment you saw discomfort on her face and you realized she is not liking this.

The day came to an end and you went back to the Jade Chamber and she followed in around 15 minutes later.

"Welcome back, how was your meeting?" 

You asked as she gently embraced you, letting out a sigh while resting her head on your shoulder.

"It was fine, just tiring."

"Ah, I can understand. Walking around so much surely gets tiring."

You blurted that out without realizing and she looked at you wide-eyed.

"Oh?~ How did you know I was walking around? I'm sure I told you I would be in Liuli Pavillion."

You became nervous and fidgeted slightly.

"I-I saw you near Dihua Marsh while doing a commission!"

She squinted her eyes slightly and caressed your face.

"That's strange, I didn't see you around there."

"O-Oh I left soon after."

She was still a little suspicious but smiled shrugged it off then kissed your cheek and both of you went to have dinner together. After dinner, you laid on the bed holding each other close, her hand stroking your head. You saw the tiredness on her face and kissed her gently then pulled the blanket over you two and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning was a similar morning as she went to Liuli Pavillion again and you waited for her outside of it. Then, she and the man went around the city as usual. Today, they went to Qingce Village and wandered around the same way, discussing and examining things. You followed them as usual, hiding behind various things and observing.

You again saw the man putting his hands on her, today he held her hand the whole time they walked, you looked at Ningguang's face and saw the same discomfort on her face as yesterday and became a little angry. You kept following them around then they stood at one spot, looking around and you saw the main trail his hand down her back and around her waist.

She flinched slightly, enough for you to take notice that she doesn't like it. He moved his hand around her waist and pulled her closer to himself, she was surprised then he grabbed hold of her chin and pulled her face up then started coming closer to kiss her. She put her hand in between herself and him in an attempt to push him away but he didn't back away.