Chapter 1- Encounter

Author's note: Thank you for picking this up! This is my very first fanfic so it might not be that good. I have been playing the game since launch and I have also been playing Honkai Impact 3rd for 3 years now. I loved Ningguang ever since I got her in a random pull, it happened before her appearance in the story so I had no idea who she was but I loved her aesthetic design, vibe, and gameplay and she quickly became my main DPS. I felt her part in the story was lacking since she's supposed to be the character representing Liyue but she wasn't given the recognition she deserved(like 4* unit bruh why?!).
Sorry for this long note, I just felt I should tell you all a little bit about how I felt writing this. Alright, I'll shut up now lol.

~START OF CHAPTER~

It was a long journey but you weren't going to give up.

"We will be reunited, brother....."

You said as you gazed upon the magnificent Liyue Harbour. Liyue, the city of contracts, ruled by the Lord of Geo: Rex Lapis, the commercial capital of Teyvat and home to the richest person in Teyvat: Ningguang, Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing. You read about Liyue in the Teyvat Travel guide back at Mondstadt provided to you by the languish librarian of the Knights of Favonius: Lisa. Now it was finally right before your eyes, that very esteemed harbor. You felt yourself get closer to your goal, you hoped that it was finally within your reach

After helping Mondstadt with their problem and receiving important information from them that someone looking like your brother was seen around Liyue sometime ago, you immediately set out for your next destination. You were instructed by Acting Grand Master Jean to meet with the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing.

"Y/n, if there's anyone who knows Liyue's nook and cranny by heart then it's the Tianquan, Ningguang. I have already contacted her about you and asked her to aid you to which she agreed. Once you reach Liyue, look for a way to go up to the Jade Chamber."

On your way to leave Mondstadt, you met Venti, who suggested you attend the Rite of Descension in Liyue as that is the only time to meet with Rex Lapis. The Rite of Descension would take place exactly one month from now so you had plenty of time to prepare and look for your brother around Liyue in the meantime.

You entered Liyue Harbour and saw the flourishing city, it was truly beautiful and lively. You were in the main market area when you looked up in the sky and saw the gigantic Jade Chamber floating above in all its magnificence.

"It really is a floating abode huh...This Tianquan seems really ambitious to have built such a place for herself. Well, hopefully, her connections are as grand as her ambitions...."

You walked around the harbor, asking people the way to reach the Jade Chamber but nobody knew the way.

"Strange....From this, looks like not many people are allowed up there...."

You kept walking around asking more people, pedestrians, shopkeepers, sailors; basically anyone you came across but everyone shook their head sideways, indicating a no then all of a sudden a voice called out to you from behind.

"Hey, are you the traveller from another world? The one who saved Mondstadt?"

You turned around and saw a fair-skinned girl wearing a pale lavender top with a high violet collar and ruffled dark blue skirt, layered under a deep violet overcoat, having light purple hair tied into waist-length twin-tails, topped by small buns resembling cat ears and dark amethyst eyes.

"Yes, that is me. My name is y/n, I'm looking to meet the Tianquan."

"I know, I heard you asking around for the way to the Jade Chamber. My name is Keqing, I'm Ningguang's colleague. I'll show you the way up to the Jade Chamber."