Chapter 20- Things We Leave Behind

It was afternoon hence the library was empty at the moment, meaning only you and Lisa were here. Lisa poured some tea for you and served some snacks then sat in her chair across the table and looked at you with a smile.

"How have you been, cutie? The news of your great deeds in Liyue have been the talk of the town lately."

"O-Oh, they spread till here as well?"

"Mhm, everyone's been talking about you. First, you were Mondstadt's Honorary Knight and now Liyue's Hero, what's next in line, cutie?~"

"Haha, I suppose nothing since I will be staying in Liyue from now on."

Lisa felt a slight discomfort in her chest but didn't let it show and smiled.

"What do you think of the tea, cutie?"

"It's very delicious. Is this a new flavor you have brewed, Lisa?"

"Mhm, I brewed this just yesterday. A bunch of Glaze Lilies were delivered from Liyue a few days back, I bought a handful of them to try and make a new flavor. You are the first one who gets to try it~" Lisa said with a smile.

"Glaze Lilies huh...." you said and pondered a little.

"Ning also likes Glaze Lilies a lot, maybe I'll try making it for her next time if you could teach me." you said to her.

"...Sure...." Lisa said in a melancholic tone and looked away.

"Is something the matter, Lisa?" you asked in a concerned tone.

"No...everything's fine." she shook her head and smiled.

"Uh Lisa....may I ask a favor from you?"

"What is it, cutie?"

"Um, if I come here from time to time then will you continue teaching me just like old times? I know I won't be your assistant like earlier but I'll help you whenever I'm here in turn for you to continue teaching me."

Lisa smiled then held your hand and gently squeezed it.

"I'll teach you even if you aren't my assistant, cutie. You will always be my student, you are free to come here any time and I'll train you like usual."

"Thank you so much, Lisa! How have you been lately?"

"Well, just the usual. Tending to the library, making potions...Hah~ it's quite boring without you, cutie."

"Haha, has everyone been returning their books on time? I remember that one day when both of us went around the city to look for defaulters, it was quite intense."

"Oh my~ You still remember that one day?"

"Of course, I do. It wasn't a long time back and all my memories in Mondstadt are very important to me. Especially the time I spent with you since you taught me so many things."

"Ara~ That's good to hear that my efforts were not wasted~"

Hours passed while talking with her, both of you talked about your time in Mondstadt and various other subjects, talking to her was always very informative as she had a vast knowledge on many things and she always made you feel at ease around herself.

"Ara~ look at the time, I didn't realize it's already been 2 hours. I get so lost while talking to you, my cutie~"

"Well, I should get going soon..."

"Oh, wait a minute, do you want to learn to brew this new tea? I can teach you quickly~"

"Alright, I can spend some more time. After all, I don't get the opportunity to learn from you every day now."