Chapter 140: Yule Ball Pt.1

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a VOTE, or leave a comment, and a bookmarking it would mean the world to me!

And you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping me do what I do time, thanks!

--------------------------

The entrance hall was packed with students too, all milling around waiting for eight o'clock, when the doors to the Great Hall would be thrown open. Those people who were meeting partners from different Houses were edging through the crowd trying to find one another.

Harry stood along waiting for the girls to arrive as Dobby had gotten him ready hours ago. He did try to check up on them, but he got the boot, being only told it was a surprise that he needed to patiently wait for.

Fleur Delacour was passing, looking stunning in robes of silver-gray satin, and accompanied by the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain, Roger Davies. The poor fellow was so under her sway that he was like a pup at her heel.

Passing by him, and taking him in, she gave him an unreadable expression before moving on.

Krum was at the front of the party, accompanied by a pretty girl in blue robes Harry didn't know.

Ali was flirting with his date of course. James was all alone more focused on his contraption he was working on, Harry had no idea how he got out of getting a date.

Outside, Harry saw that an area of lawn right in front of the castle had been transformed into a sort of grotto full of fairy lights — meaning hundreds of actual living fairies were sitting in the rosebushes that had been conjured there, and fluttering over the statues of what seemed to be Father Christmas and his reindeer.

Then Professor McGonagall's voice called, "Champions over here, please!" as she lead them to a small room that would house the champions until the ball starts. Professor McGonagall, was wearing dress robes of red tartan and had arranged a wreath of thistles around the brim of her hat, told them to wait on one side of the doors while everyone else went inside; they were to enter the Great Hall in procession when the rest of the students had sat down. Fleur Delacour and Roger Davies stationed themselves nearest the doors; Davies looked so stunned by his good fortune in having Fleur for a partner that he could hardly take his eyes off her. Cedric and Cho Chang come down and stood nearby Professor McGonagall.

It wasn't long before everyone and their partners come down, leaving only Harry standing alone.

"Mr. Potter," Professor McGonagall narrowed her eyes at him, "where is your date for the night?"

"You know girls," Harry shrugged his shoulders as a grin appeared on his face.

"Girls?" Professor McGonagall repeated.

In answer to his question, his dates came down the steps, each of them stood out like a single lone rose in a field of weed. Ali let loose a wolf whistle as they headed over to him.

"You guys are finally here," Harry called out as everyone else stared.

"We needed to finish up with some final touches," Daphne smiled at him.

"We are not late, right," Susan asked.

"No, you are right on time!" Harry answered as he saw how gobsmacked the other champions and their partners were.

"What is the meaning of this," Professor McGonagall asked as she looked between him and all the girls.

"Well, you said to get a partner, but you did not specify how many!"