Chapter 24: The Roost Pt. 1

Moving to the next portrait, which was of his grandparents that he had heard so much about, Harry gazed up to see the two couples.

On the right stood a handsome man dressed in a fine suit with an ascot tie and a golden watch that came with it. His face highlighted by the same emerald-colored eyes as him, and a distinctive goatee. He looked like a lot far more modern man than his forefathers who were stuck in the middle ages or victorian time period. Harry finally knew where he got his good looks from, the man was a fine specimen just like him.

Next to him was a woman that shared a lot of similar features to Sirius; black flowing hair, grey eyes, high cheekbones, and a surprisingly happy smile on her face.

"Ohhh, would you look at that, Charlus, our grandson," the woman joyfully cried out. Harry had to point out, she was just like Sirius and Tonks — people far, far too dissimilar to all the Blacks he had met and heard about.

"I can see that dear," the man said with a wry grin, then turning to look at him he smiled down and addressed Harry. "It's good to see you again, grandson. Ah, I remember the day that your mother and father brought you here like it was just yesterday."

"It was yesterday, you handsome oaf," the woman... his grandmother uttered. "Remember we got our portraits done and a piece of our soul places inside of it."

"Ah, look at me and my poor failing memories," the man self deprecatingly mocking himself.

Shaking her head his grandmother pinched his grandfather's cheek and reassured him, "it is alright, you are my handsome oaf."

Feeling a bit awkward about his grandparents acting all lovey dovey before him, Harry still couldn't turn his gaze away since he was happy for them That was the kind of relationships he wanted in the future.

Noticing his slight blush, his grandmother remarked, "Oh, stop it, you are embarrassing our grandson."

"Its alright dear, my boy must have already experienced a few things out at Hogwarts. You know how we were," he whispered near the end.

"You do know I am only fourteen right?" Harry asked.

"Unlike muggles, we wizarding-kind mature much faster and hit puberty at a much earlier age than muggle children."

His grandfather was right, wizards and witches grow up much faster than regular non-magical children. For Harry, it did not show much since he was underfed and mistreated for all of his life by the Dursleys but still at just eight years old he started to grow hair down there and start growing erections at the same time as well.

Already Harry looked like he was about)sixteen years old when he was actually just fourteen. That is why the boys in his year were all gangly and awkward and the girls were growing in places that immediately drew the eyes. It was because they are were turning into young adults.(,) Unlike muggle children like such as Dudley who still had some baby fat and looked very immature.

A wizard's development is a very fascinating topic Harry found about during his reading, and it showed how very much different they were to regular peoples. Harry imagined it was the magic at work, since things did not end there. Once one of his kind hit adulthood at age seventeen, they stop aging at that point for years and years on end, then slowly begin to age up aging after a long period.

For example, Sirius who Harry was sure was in his late thirties or even early forties if he was to judge by comparison to his parents' age, if they were alive.

However, the man looked like he was in his late twenties, living the dream life and everything.

And finally what caught his attention the most was the longevity of a wizard, it was thanks to this fact that it became clear why wizarding-kind thought of themselves as the superior race, compared to muggles. Wizards get to live for twice the amount that the regular man does— that is almost two hundred years. Plus we can even further increase that with rituals, rare potions, legendary magical herbs and plants just like the Golden Apple he ate.