Chapter 127: Eternal Rivalry

The Got fanfic, the dragon awakened will be updated next week! So stay tune!

--------------------

Harry watched as Sirius hummed in satisfaction since his first class as a Professor had gone so well. Harry only hoped all his other batches went equally well.

He quickly ran up to catch up to Sirius to have a word with him.

"So when were you going to tell me that you were our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher?" Harry asked his godfather.

"Well I did want to make it a surprise for you," Sirius answered with a grin of his own as he still kept on moving along his way, he must be trying to get to his second class for the day with the way he was heading off.

Shaking his head, Harry uttered his disbelief, "I still can not believe Dumbledore would allow you to be a professor. You who he must know doesn't take these things seriously."

"Hey," Sirius said in a mock hurt tone as they continued along their way down the hallways. "I am a responsible and caring adult. Parents could like me with their children for a while."

"Yea, sure sounds like a lovely idea," Harry teased.

"Okay, okay," Sirius said as he held out his hand and admitted the truth, "to be honest that old coot must have wanted to get on my good side after what he did. As if," he snorted out loud. "But," he uttered, "I can't deny that the title of Professor sounds lovely. If Snivellus could earn it so could I."

"True," Harry nodded his head as all joking was put aside and he turned serious. "He must know that I would only listen to you now as he hasn't been able to manipulate me whatever way he wants to."

"Been giving the old man some trouble?" Sirius asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Mhmm, well I have put pressure on him to give me back the Sword of Gryffindor. Kicked someone out of the house when they badmouthed by a friend, uncovered a Death Eater hiding within the school. Put into the death of countless Death Eater. And you could say the list goes on..."

Shaking his head, his godfather asked, "It explains why he came running to be to accept this job."

"Does he hope the fabled curse would work its magic by the year's end and have you killed or indisposed?" Harry asked, now that would be smart thinking, get Sirius out of the way so he had no choice but to come to the old man and follow his wisdom.

"No nothing that nefarious," Sirius shook his head, "or maybe it, who knows with that old coot," he shook his head.

"If he thinks..." Harry wore under his breath.

"Now, now, enough of that," Sirius said, holding out his hand for him to cease. "I came here this year to see you through the Triwizard tournament. Our goal is to see you alive through this thing."

"Now I didn't have any time to dig around since I just arrive, but I will see what I can pull up."

"Alright sure," Harry nodded his head.

"Got to get to my next class right now, but I will see you soon," Sirius said as he made to go. "And please stop poking the bear, we do not want the old bastard to start getting any more suspicious of us."

"And what would you have me do," Harry grumbled under his breath, "sit back in my seat twiddling with my thumbs."

"Exactly," Sirius said with a chuckle as he patted him on the shoulder. With that he headed to his next class, leaving Harry standing there alone.

With a sigh, he spun on his feet deciding to head to the library to get some studying in until he came short as Draco and his two idiots stood in his way.