Chapter 110: Moody

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a vote up above, or leave a comment, and a bookmarking it would mean the world to me!

Also you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Pa/ treon page at https://www.pa /treon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping a small time author, thanks!

-------------------------------------

"This can't be," Daphne whispered, "the lost family vault of the Slytherin house!"

"Yea," Harry said distractedly, his sole attention was occupied with the great chamber.

Besides all the gold scattered about, and the treasures and valuable pieces of knowledge and great lores, what drew Harry's attention more than anything was the nest in the center room.

On it was a sickly green giant egg, which was as large as his torso and head. Walking towards it, Harry stared at it long and hard then very slowly reached out and brushed his hand over the hard egg shell. Somehow he could feel the life within it as it pulsed to his touch.

This could only be one thing, and one thing only....

"Look!" Daphne shouted as she picked up a dark green covered book from off a pedestal.

A family grimoire or to be more exact, the Slytherin family grimoire! Harry wondered about all the powerful spells contained inside that worn green book. It was said House Slytherin had major affinity to Potionnering and a minor affinity to the Dark Art.

It really looked like they struck it rich today! A nice three in one!

"You won't believe this," Harry said as he pointed to the egg.

Turning around to face him, he heard a gasp come out of Daphne's lips as she too came up to the giant egg. "Is... is that a Basilisk egg!"

"Yeah," Harry said breathlessly.

Basilisk have long gone extinct from the world, there hadn't been a trace of them on the face of the earth for centuries on end. To most, if they knew that there was a Basilisk underneath the school which he promptly killed they would be shocked because that would be the first live proof of them in over 800 years.

Basilisk were legendary magical creatures who could rival Leviathans, Phoenixs, Royal Gryphons, Alicorns, Dragons, Kirins, and the such. With their deadly stares, their poisonous breath, their tough scales, and humongous bodies they were a deadly force in any field of battle.

It was just through sure luck and childhood ignorance he was able to defeat the Basilisk underneath the tunnels. Plus it helped that the creature was very ancient, it must have been dying of old age more than anything which lead to him being able to kill it. Oh and he can't forget his ridiculous amount of luck on his side to accomplish it.

In all honesty, it was also dumb luck that no one died to the Basilisk and its deathly stare. If it had been allowed to run lose instead of coming out at the insistence of Ginny who was passed by the spirit of the much younger Voldermort then this very school would have been no more.

There would have been no stopping the creature as it could make a peace meal out of all the Professors like it was nothing and Dumbledore would have been in for a tough fight.

"I can't believe it, weren't they suppose to be extinct," Daphne spoke out loud his thoughts exactly.

"Yea, this must be the last Basilisk in the world!" Harry voiced as he stared at the egg.

Then turning to look at Daphne, he remarked, "You should care for it."

"Me?" Daphne repeated as she spun around to face him.