Chapter 69: Tournament Arc Pt.1

If you like what you see and what more please drop a like up above, a comment, or just give a bookmark it. It would mean the world to me, thanks!

Also you can find advance chapters, and bonus content are on my Pa /treon page https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

--------------------------------

"Now then," Professor Flitwick spoke up as he turned to face everyone who was god smacked into silence and stillness. "that is what Masters could do. I am sure that you all will one day reach that level of skill and ability," he falsely advertised.

Most wouldn't really even become Experts who are top specialists and pros. But still that left everyone excited and hungry to advance. He wouldn't lie that even he was affected by that small little demonstration.

He was pumped to try out his dueling club, and see what he would learn from the short little man.

"Before we begin," Professor Flitwick said, "I must first assess your skill levels and abilities. Plus," he added with a grin, "we must find out who is the very best of the best! So today, you shall all get a taste of the grueling and exciting Dueling Tournament."

At his announcement, excitement chatter when up all around, as students were thrilled at the prospect of competing in an actual Tournament for the first time in their lives.

Even Harry perked up once he heard what the little man declared, this would be very interesting indeed. He did wonder how he compared to his school mates, and at what level he was competing in.

Now, however, this was his chance to see how good he had gotten over the summer.

"This Tournament would be great for my colleague and me as we can divide everyone up into groups of their respective abilities of beginner, intermediate, and advanced thanks to the ranking they achieve and the aptitude they show."

"If I could get a raise of wands for those who want to participate?" Professor Sprout asked. "it's alright if you do not want to participate. Your wishes are respected here, and you can remain as well."

Barely anyone stopped from raising their wands into the air, doing the same as well. Harry turned and saw that Neville had his hand down and twitching at his side. "Hey, what's wrong, Neville?" he asked in confusion, wondering why the boy wasn't swept in the excitement and joining in.

"It's exactly as I thought," the shy Gryffindor answered, "we going to have to fight and struggle against each other, and then a spell might hit us accidentally, or...." he went off as he listed off all that could go ghastly wrong.

"Hey, hey," Harry said, "this time we don't have Snape or Lockhart that leading everything. Nothing will go wrong under Professor Flitwick, Professor McGonagall, Professor Sprout, and Professor Vector's watchful eyes.

"Yeah, but...." he tried to argue, "I am no good in a fight. I will just embarrass myself, and make myself out to be a joke.

"Look at everyone," Harry said as he indicated the whole student body, "most of them never real for got into a wizarding duel, Ever. Do you think they would be better than you? To be honest I think you would be a cut above a lot of people with the training you got from your uncle."

Then giving him a pat on the back, he reassured him, "Come on, Neville, have a bit of confidence in yourself. I am sure you would be surprised with what you can accomplish if you have a positive outlook and a bit of reassurance."

"I don't know...." he mumbled as he looked more nervous with the prospect of putting more confidence in himself than anything else.

"Well if you don't have the confidence then I would for you," he said as he telekinetically raised up his hand for him.