Chapter 149: The Grim Tower

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a few Vote, or leave a comment, and a nice review would mean the world to me!

And you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping me do what I do time, thanks!

--------------------------

"It would seem like our Lord was right, guests have arrived," Lord Boot smiled. "Hurry up," he shouted to his men as they quickly got busy like bees.

-------------------------

At another Nott family vassal's home, Lord Kerry stood surveying the carnage all around. It was a bloody tough fight, but finally, at long last they managed to breach the walls and take the Manor of the Baron family of Lean.

However, he wondered at what cost?!

All around him was ruin and rubble as dead bodies littered the ground and blood flowed freely. Smoke billowed high up into the air with spell fires still burning in some parts of the Manor, and the moans and shouts of soldiers sounded out through the surrounding.

Of the 500 soldiers he had which was double the armed limit of a Baron and equaling to a Viscount, Baron Kerry brought all of them to invade this Manor. And they did outnumber their opponents, but they still took a massive loss sieging this place which costed him, 300 soldiers.

Now he had only 200 men left in varying stages of injury and fatigue.

However to him, it was well worth it! He might have lost all the forces he had been hiding away through all these years that the Potters were all but gone. But now, his family had a new Manor in hand, one that sat on a minor leyline that could help build a new branch family in the future or maybe even elevate his family to full Viscount.

Chuckling to himself as his fat jowls shook in pleasure, Lord Kerry thanked that young little brat. Thanks to his feud with the Notts, he now had a whole new estate that could help his family finally advance beyond their baronhood. Almost made him forget about the loyal minion he lost thanks to the brat, Ser Bret.

It was well worth the price of a 10 year 30% tax hike that he and all the other vassals that decided to participate in this war had to pay the brat if they wanted the location of the Nott family vassals. Though in a couple years he could easily recover from this fight and easily pay for the tax height from the gold he years from working the land surrounding the Manor which was a swamp that held many rare and precious herbs and magical creatures.

He wondered to himself why the boy didn't take these juicy targets for himself, with the Legion in hand it would be easy as pie to roll over these punny families and their poultry defenses. But he figured the boy had his hand full with fighting the Nott family and their blasted Grim battalion.

But that just meant better news from him. Turning around, Lord Kerry took in his new Manor.

It was a ruin after the fight, but he didn't mind putting in the gold to restore it back to its former glory.

Sadly the Lean family got away at the last minute even when he had anti teleportation spells up. They must had a prior means of escape just like any noble family would have in case things get tight.

Thus he would expect to face opposition from the Lean family at every turn from within the Wizengamot as they fight their case, and through shadowy means as well. But that was a time for later, and he knew that the Lean family wouldn't be able to raise up arms anytime soon to try to retake their family home.

That was something his descendants could figure out, he had effectively crippled the family and they won't be recovering anytime soon.

Smiling Lord Kerry was about to call some of his men over so they could survey the Manor until a soldier ran up to him.