Chapter 40: Reunion

"Did you make sure to pack everything that you would need?" Sirius asked as he stood right outside his door in the Potter Manor.

"Yep," Harry answered as he watched his two maids get ready his duffle bag.

"You sure," his godfather rephrased, "the World Cup is a week long sporting event."

"Yeah, I am sure," he said as he grabbed his bag from them. "I think that is more than enough underwear for a week," he stated to them. Just then from his open balcony that let out towards the Roost, a tiny fluffy creature flew in.

"Aaa, you little monster, how did you get down from all the way up there?" he asked as he came over to the Micro Griffin and started to scratch behind its ear.

Crooning softly in his hand, he nearly missed it when Rem asked, "Are you sure Master?"

"Yeah, yeah," he said as he threw the little monster a treat. He knew this little bugger very well, it always snuck into the castle to find him. Rolling over as it let him tickle its belly, he finally let go, and spoke to it, "You better be going before Tobry finds you here."

Giving an angry chirp as it remembered that big meany, it gave him a playful nip and took off into the air. Harry feared for the little house-elf, as he watched the minute like griffin zoom to the Roost, that one day this little monster would call its buddy down on him.

Turning back to his maid, he gave her one of those pats on the head that she liked so much. "You two take care now. I will see you in a week!"

"Okay," the blue-haired maid replied sweetly like a cute kitten. If his godfather wasn't standing right before him he would have torn into like the evil beast he was, but he held himself back.

"You too, Ram," he added with a waved to the pink-haired maid who stared fixedly at him.

Getting no response from her, he just shrugged his shoulders and headed out right behind his godfather's heels. Coming to the living room, Harry was surprised to see who was there standing there and taking in the castle's wonderful interior design.

"Tonks?" Harry called out as he couldn't believe she had come. "I didn't expect you to be here," he stated exactly his thoughts.

"Don't think too much on it," the brand new Auror replied as she seemed distant from him. "Mother forced me to come here to keep an eye on the two of you. Plus to get out some more as she put," she voiced the last sentence in a grumble.

"Well, it good to see you," Harry said with a grin. Then using some of the new tricks he learned over the last few months, he telepathically whispered to her so that his godfather couldn't catch a whiff of what was going on between them, "I have missed you greatly."

Quickly hiding her surprise, the witch gave him a punch beyond the Sirius's view and growled to him, "Shut it!"

"It is good to see that the two of you are getting along," Sirius voiced as he made his way over to them. He was now back in his Yankee form with blond hair, blue eyes, and a stocky frame. They both knew the story that they would be going with, Sirius, or Andrew Goldhound in this case is an old family friend who he got to know very well over the summer.

"Yeah," Harry said as he gave a smile with double meanings, "we are getting along very well. If fact what do you say Sirius if we shared enchanted tents to get to know each other much better?"

"Sounds good to me," Sirius replied, as he rested his hands on both of their shoulders. Harry could see how much she wanted to argue against this, till the man added, "We are all family here right!?"

"Yep, the best of family members," Harry said as he gave the plucky witch a wink.

"Now come on," the older wizard said as he gave them a smack on the back. "Fun and excitement await us."