Chapter 15: Slave Market

"May I ask why you are buying all these house elves?" the young man asked out of plain curiosity as they walked into the back which was set behind a purple velvet curtain.

Giving the boy a blank look, Sirius glare said it all.

Holding up his hands in mock surrender, the young man gave a sort of apologetic look to placate the powerful wizard. "Alright, I shouldn't be asking!"

"Then don't," Sirius simply stated as their short journey finally came to an end. Up ahead was an opening large enough to fit 2 men abreast which seemed to lead into a wide area.

Passing through the opening, all three wizards walked into a large cavern that seemed to stretch on forever. Glowworms seem to light up the cavern in a dozen different hues as it shined a light on all passes going on below.

Up on above from the precipice that they stood on, everyone seem to be like tiny ants as they scurried along.

"If you would follow me," the boy said as he walked down the ledge built into the cliff.

Following after the man they all made it to the foot of the cliff, they walked towards the market place as entered under a giant archway where two wizarding guards stood at attention.

Finally entering the market place, Harry finally had a good view of the whole plaza.

Walking down the roads where other witches and wizards dressed in all kinds of robes and strange hats, and purchase of the day were slaves. An endless variety of different magical beings were collared and caged with wizards and witches buying and selling them.

Harry saw tiny races like Sprites, Pixies, Fairies. Short races like Gnomes, Dwarves, Goblins, Brownies, Leprechauns, Kobolds, and Darklings. Mighty, powerful races brought low by wizarding hands like Giants, Trolls, Centaurs, Ogres, Orcs, and Minotaurs. Fairer races like Veela, Nymphs, Succubus, Dryad, Mermaid, and Naga.

The list of all the magical beings that Harry saw in the marketplace was endless, and they were all at mercy of wizarding-kind.

Elbowing his godfather in the ribs, Harry whispered, "Is this place even legal?"

"Yes it is," the boy leading them answered as he must have heard Harry. "And it has the Ministry stamp of approved all over it."

"My nephew wasn't speaking to you," Sirius stated as he gave the guide a hard glare.

"My apologies then, I was only answering the kid's questions. I did not want him to have the wrong thoughts about this fine establishment."

Snorting out loud in clear derision, Sirius responded with, "There is nothing 'fine' about enslaving intelligent beings."

"Ow come on," the man said, "aren't you here to purchase enslaving intelligent beings."

Going stoic in the face and eyes lightly blazing over, the magic flowing ebbing in and out of Sirius was palpable. "DO NOT presume anything boy! Unlike you, I do not abuse and torment other magical beings for profit and gain. So DO NOT compare me to the likes of you!"

Wiping that obnoxious grin off his face, the young man hastily nodded his head and the overwhelming pressure abated then disappeared altogether and everyone was finally able to get a wheezing breath in.

"Now," Sirius simply said, "take us to the house-elf section of this vile place and be quick about it."

"Yes, yes," the boy said, and this time he truly meant it as he scurried along the marketplace and towards their destination.