Chapter 151: Reaction

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a few VOTE, or leave a comment, and a nice review would mean the world to me!

And you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping me do what I do time, thanks!

--------------------------

"My lord," a soldier came running into the throne room of the Nott family. He was the exact same man that brought the unfortunate news of the invasion of the family's vassal's lands by those of House Potter.

He was sure his superiors were forcing down all these bad messages on him to report so they could avoid their ire of their Lord and General.

Sighing to himself, the soldier wondered what happened to not harming the messenger, especially your very own. Biting down on everything he had to say, he could only blame himself for choosing to take up services with a Dark Family.

Light families always do provide top notch medical and dental benefits, and plenty of sick and parental leave. He really should have listened to his older brother and parents, instead of acting like the rebellious little punk he used to be, swayed in on all the pure blooded supremacy bullshit.

None of that shit really pays for the rent or helps you with diabolical bosses.

"It's you again," the General eyes honed in on him. "Don't tell me you came with some more bad news."

Swallowing nervously, the man could feel the sweat dripping down from his brow. "I also bring some good news, my lord!"

"Go ahead, report what you must," the young new Lord waved to him to speak.

"The good news is my lord, we have managed to clear out most of House Potters vassals from the estates and holding they managed to take. Only a few still stand still and managed to withstand the first force we sent their way, but soon a much larger combined force will be formed to deal with them just like you wanted."

"What remains of our vassals?" the general asked the kneeling soldier.

"Sir..." the man said looking up for just a single second.

"The question is simple, man. Now answer!"

"Not much," the soldier said hesitantly, "they basically have been all wiped out, so we can not expect much help from them in this war."

"And our enemy?" the gruff man asked.

"They too have been all but wiped out, except for two last hold outs!"

"What do you make of this general?" the young lord asked his master of arms. "Why would he waste away his vassals upon ours. I get he wanted to deal a crippling blow to them so we can be denying extra forces, but he had the element of surprise. He found out about where all our vassal's estates and land were hidden, so couldn't he had just struck and got out.

Why make a futile effort in holding on to something he knew he couldn't. All he really did was just waste away all his vassals' forces, basically crippling himself like he did us."

"Aye," the kneeling soldier said as if he made to say something, but then thought better of it, letting his masters just carry on their lines of thinking until they made him spill the beans of the bad news.

"I don't know my lord," the general answered. "The new Lord of Potters thoughts are a great mystery to me. However what could be a likely case is the loyalty of his vassals. When your father, the preview head, was looking into the Potter family, he took notice of how disloyal the bunch of them were. Some not paying their taxs for years, others skimping n their duties, some even pursuing their own agenda. That is why he made a play to have on of house Potters vassals rebel, so everything could come crashing down."