Chapter 11: Inheritance Ritual

If you guys want advance chapters check out my Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

----------------------------------------

A pin could be dropped into this room and the sound of it would echo endlessly in the office as the silence was absolute.

At long last, Sirius spoke up and it was clear that he was trying to hold it together, "I must say, you have all failed quite spectacularly. I think we shall take our business to the Gnomes of Switzerland, they are a lot more accommodating and seem to have a lot more competence."

"You can go over to those bludgeoning nitwits," Gorkit shouted as a look of disgust and loathing was plastered on his face.

"Master Black, you can not blame the goblin nation for this-- the fault all lies at me," Barnott also added as he looked close to weeping. "I can immediately be removed from the Potter accounts," he then helpfully added.

"NONE OF YOU have any right to tell me what to do," Sirius bellowed out, silencing any protest. "Your bank was giving one simple task-- carry out the Potters' Will, and let us not even get to the breach in the Potter's accounts. I do not have to tell you how adamantly you failed in the task, do I? Thanks to it my godson has been living with magic hating animals who mentally, physically, and emotionally abused him."

"My god," the plump goblin whispered as he looked even more grief-stricken.

"He had no clue about his own legacy; whether that be if he was a wizard or even his own family and house."

"The audacity of them," Gorkit muttered in a spitting rage, "how could they treat the heir of a Most Noble and Ancient House like that!"

"I think that they get the picture," Harry uttered, stopping Sirius right there.

Grumbling, Sirius nevertheless came to a pause and sat back in his seat which he had jumped out of somewhere in his wrath.

Speaking up in a composed tone, the goblin king addressed the two clients, "Let me first say on behalf of the nation I apologize for this grievous error. I would understand if you wish to take your business elsewhere but first hear me out."

Giving Sirius the look, the older wizard stayed silent and let the taller than average goblin continue speaking.

"No matter what choice you make in the end, we will increase the security level of the Potter's vaults from Earldom to Marquisdom. We will also pay out of our own coffers the amount due to the recipient listed on the Potters' Will. Plus from now on you both will get 50% off on all of Gringotts bank's services. Finally, we will give young Harry Potter our very own Inheritance Ritual."

"I only heard whispers of that," Sirius muttered as a look of surprise flickered past his face.

Catching on to the mood of things, Harry asked, "What is an Inheritance Ritual, and what's the difference between the one Gringotts has?"

"It basically tells you what House you have Heirship for," Sirius simply answered as he laid back in his chair and took a bit out of one of the biscuits.

Snorting out loud in disgust, Gorkit spoke up, "He is not giving you a full picture boy--each House has their own Inheritance Ritual to scrutinize if you a heir is truly the scion of that house and so line-theft is not committed. However what happens when a house dies out or there is no male living heir?"

"What happens?" Harry echoed, curious to know.

"You do what they do and sit the gold-- do nothing," Sirius helpfully added.

Ignoring the wizard, the goblin continued, "You need to reach out, of course. All of a sudden bastard, cousins, nephews, aunts, in-laws are next in line to inherit. Now with the way you wizards and witches are killing each other off, there are countless houses that have died out and need new heirs to restore them."