Chapter 14: Shopping

"You will address me with the proper respect required of one higher in station than you, Viscount Malfoy. Is that understood?"

Face slowly contorting, the Death Eater quickly settled back into a neutral expression though the anger was palpable in his eyes. "Of course Lord Potter."

Wanting to dismiss him out of hand to further humiliate him, Harry held himself back from doing so. Who knew if the self-conceited ass would lose his shit and started flinging spells at him.

As the egotistical lickspittle was about to head back to his table, his wife spoke up. There was no denying that Narcissa Malfoy was an attractive woman, with her silver-blonde luscious hair, steel-grey eyes, slim, hourglass figure, high cheekbones, full, red lips, and haughty features. Harry would have been drooling all over her if he didn't know that she was so black-hearted. Why shouldn't she be when she married a man like Lucius and had a son like Draco.

"Who is this guest with you, Lord Potter? Is he your mysteries caretaker? We at high society have always wanted to know who took in the Potter heir."

Harry was just about to answer that it wasn't any of her business until Sirius spoke up for himself. "The name's Andrew Goldhound," Sirius stated as he had out his hand for the Malfoy woman to greet and made sure to also lay on thick the American accent. "And yes, I am the Guardian for young Harry Potter."

"Ooh, really" the woman said as she put on what was clearly a modicum of amazement. "How did you amount all the people looking to take in Lord Potter result in him being in your care?"

"James and I go way back, so he left me first in his will to take of our young Lord Potter."

"Ah, but I never heard about you, Mr. Goldhound. You would think that James and Lily Potter will leave their son in the care of someone well known. Not a total stranger."

"Well, you see me and James are distant cousins, plus we hit it off so well when we first meet, we were instantly like brothers. So James knew I would take care of his son like I would my own if anything happened to him."

"I see, well, well-met Mr. Goldhound, we will leave you to your lunches."

"And to you as well," Sirius replied as he nodded his head.

With that, the Malfoy couples started to walk away with only Draco lingering for a moment as he looked to and fro as confusion was written all over his face.

"Draco," Malfoy senior called out without even turning his head around, "come along now."

Draco seemed to want to argue but he wisely shut up and followed along in the footsteps of his parents towards their reserved seat.

Once they were far gone, Sirius eased out his wand and waved it around as he muttered something under his breath. "That should stop them from eavesdropping," Sirius announced as he put away his wand.

Nodding his head, Harry didn't put it far able the Malfoy's to eavesdrop in their conversation and he did not want anything to be let slip at all.

Facing his godson head on, Sirius seemed to have a scowl on as he asserted, "What were you thinking doing that?"

"Doing what?" Harry asked, as this was a fist that Sirius ever seemed to be mad towards him. No, it wasn't anger. It was something much worse that made the pits of Harry's stomach fall out, disappointment.

"Confronting Malfoy like that!"

"What, I was putting him in his place," Harry answered, "just like you thought me."