Chapter 128: Lesser Dragons

Check out discord lots of commissioned artwork will be posted up there!

--------------------

"Hey, Harry," Sirius cornered him in a corner one day as he was heading to his next class with his friends.

"Oh, hey, Sirius," Harry greeted him as did Hermione, Neville, Lavender and his other friends.

"Good to see you all," Sirius nodded his head to them. Then turning to face him, he whispered, "I have a lead on what the first trial is."

"What is it?" Harry asked as he perked up.

"Just make sure you follow Hagrid all day and you will have our answers," the wizard answered mysteriously. Breaking off, he smiled at them and spoke, "I best be getting to my class," and with that he left.

Coming up to him, Hermione asked, "What was that all about?"

"The Triwizard tournament," Harry simply answered.

-------------------------------------------

Today, all students in the third year and above were permitted to visit the village of Hogsmeade.

Leaving the castle grounds, Hermione hurried up to catch up to him. "What does following Hagrid have to do with the Triwizard tournament?" she asked, bringing up the topic from earlier.

"Don't know," Harry shrugged his shoulders, "but Sirius must have uncovered something for him to tell me to follow Hagrid all day."

"I still do not like it," Hermione said wrinkling her noise a bit. "Cheating like this..."

"Well if the competition is doing it, why not us," Harry shrugged his shoulders, "and who knows this might be part of the tournament, uncovering the first trail all on your own."

"Fine," Hermione said, "why don't we go and have a butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks, it's a bit cold, isn't it?"

"Sure, my treat," Harry said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

The Three Broomsticks was packed, mainly with Hogwarts students enjoying their free afternoon, but also with a variety of magical people Harry rarely saw anywhere else from hags, elves, goblins, werewolves, ghosts, dwarves, and other magical beings.

"Look, it's Hagrid!" Hermione pointed out the half-giant.

Turning around and looking at the back of Hagrid's enormous shaggy head, Harry smiled to himself and whispered, "got you!"

Harry edged slowly toward a spare table in the corner with Hermione in tow that provided a good outlook on the whole establishment. He saw plenty of Hogwarts students were in as they chatted away and played around.

It wasn't long before the owner of the inn, Madam Rosmerta came up to them. She was a very attractive witch with a curvy figure, well endowed assets, and a pretty face that went with a beautiful smile. She was the perfect imagination of so many Hogwarts boys who fancied her.

"What can I get you lover birds?" she asked as she drew up short to them.

"We aren't lovers... or anything like that," Hermione blushed a bright pink as she nearly hide into her winter cloak.

"Really?" the older witch asked, "Then why didn't you say. I always did have my sights on your little hero. I didn't want to be that sort of woman and steal him from you, but now..."

"You can't have him," Hermione nearly shouted.

"Why not?" both Harry and Madam Rosmerta asked her.