Chapter 134: Bash

If you like what you see and what more, please give a vote, or leave a comment, and a bookmarking it would mean the world to me!

And you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping me do what I do time, thanks!

--------------------------

"Come on," Lavender said as she helped him walk down the hallway with a blind fold on.

"We'd better get downstairs for your surprise party, Harry — Fred and George should have nicked enough food from the kitchens by now," Neville voiced. Then pausing, he muttered, "I don't think I should have said that."

"Come on it's obvious," Harry said with an eye roll which none of them could see.

"Well everyone is waiting for you, Mr. guest of the hour," Ginny uttered right beside him.

Hearing Parvati give the password to the Fat Lady, they all entered the Gryffindor tower.

"Okay, you can pull it off," Hermione said, which he did so.

Sure enough, when he removed his blindfold, the Gryffindor common room exploded with cheers and yells. Every Gryffindor seemed to have shown up today as they all had bright smiles and backs straight as they were filled with pride.

It wasn't only Gryffindor students in the common room as he saw plenty of Ravenclaw including Luna and even Cho Chang along with other familiar faces from his year like Sue Li, Padma Patil, Lisa Turpin, and Terry Boot.

Plus he saw some Hufllepuffs in the house as well along with Slytherin students thrown in. And what really surprised him was when he saw some of the students from the other schools as well.

There were mountains of cakes and flagons of pumpkin juice and butterbeer on every surface; Lee Jordan had let off some Filibuster's Fireworks, so that the air was thick with stars and sparks; and Colin, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Harry being circled high above with dragons and one dragon which had to be Norberta standing right next to him, though a couple showed Cedric with his body on fire.

Harry helped himself to food; he really was hungry after only having the light breakfast, and sat down with Neville and Hermione.

"Blimey, this is heavy," George voiced, picking up the golden egg, which Harry had left on a table, and weighing it in his hands.

Glancing at the egg, Harry didn't know what to make of it. The schoolmasters gave all the champions a briefing on the nature of the next trial earlier today. The egg was the key to the second trial.

They all had a nice long break before the second task, which will take place at half past nine on the morning of February the twenty-fourth. So there was plenty of time to uncover the mystery of the egg.

"Open it, Harry, go on! Let's just see what's inside it!" Fred egged him on.

"He's supposed to work out the clue on his own," Hermione said swiftly. "It's in the tournament rules."

"I was supposed to work out how to get past the dragon on my own too," Harry muttered, so only Hermione could hear him, and she grinned rather guiltily.

"Yeah, go on, Harry, open it!" several people echoed. George passed Harry the egg, and Harry dug his fingernails into the groove that ran all the way around it and prised it open.

It was hollow and completely empty — but the moment Harry opened it, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room. The nearest thing to it Harry had ever heard was the ghost orchestra at Nearly Headless Nick's deathday party, who had all been playing the musical saw.