187. Feanorians - Elves Reacting to Your Period

Start from the beginning

Celegorm

Celegorm is not the most sensitive, and not always the most understanding elf around, and that doesn't change when you start menstruating around him. It doesn't help that his genuine curiosity can help make him sound more insensitive as he asks you questions about it. They really just sound like he's being a critic, when in actuality he just doesn't understand.

"Can't you control it?" or "Why were you not better prepared for this?" He genuinely means no harm by it and is utterly confused when you are upset by his questions. He is even more surprised when you explain to him that no, you can't control it- unfortunately and that menstruation can be unpredictable. He is even more surprised when something like cramps prevents you from being able to do things.

Celegorm is honestly just tries to make light of the situation and instead focuses on picking at you a little bit. Calling you cute when you are all frustrated and moody, and laughing some if you ask him to rub your stomach because of the cramps. Celegorm does try to be helpful, but requires instruction for quite a while on what it is you need or want out of him when on your cycle.

Caranthir

Caranthir knows what menstruation is, and while it is a topic that generally makes him uncomfortable, he never makes you feel uncomfortable just because he is. Even still despite that discomfort Caranthir works hard to make sure that you are comfortable, even if when you talk about it he is blushing deeply the whole time. He does eventually grow out of that, it's just the first several times he's extra blushy and uncomfortable. But he listens to you diligently.

Caranthir makes sure that any and all of your products come from other menstruating humans. While he does take the advice of his healers, he has more trust in menstruating humans than he does his healers. Who else would know better than them? In the event that the other humans are not available, he has his healers learn things from them, so it's the same advice and things that you would get from your fellow Men.

He keeps everything running for you as smooth as he possibly can, and as discreet as you'd like for it to be. Caranthir also makes sure the Healers are aware that it is a private matter. Caranthir is also extra sweet on you during this time, happy to rub your stomach or back, giving you extra forehead kisses and embraces just wanting to make you feel better.

Curufin

With Curufin, like his Atar, he would've spent copious amounts of time studying the race of Men. So when he met you and started courting you, he was completely unbothered when you started menstruating. If anything, he picked up on it before you ever openly talked about it with him, and spent time learning what it is you did and what medicines you took.

So when you finally broach the subject with him, he simply tells you, "I know." very calmly, and he has a few things to add about what you've been doing. That is wrong to him - it doesn't help he's actually right. Curufin works everything down to an absolute science with your period.

While he won't explain to you how your period works, he is quick to call out things- in private- about what he knows doesn't work and does work with you. He always makes sure that your room is stocked with the things you need, herbs, medicines, menstrual products and the like. Curufin also like clockwork knows when you need affection, having picked up on that too and sets aside time daily for such things.

Amrod

Amrod has knowledge in Healing, so when you start menstruating, his immediate reaction is to try and make it stop and ask why you are bleeding. (Lucky you this happens on a day where he isn't selectively mute). So you will have to stop him from pulling out everything under the sun to tend to you "wound".

Though when you explain to Amrod that it's normal and natural for humans- not all of course- to menstruate, Amrod then asks what it is you need. Because clearly that must be uncomfortable and you are... leaking. So when you tell him, Amrod makes everything that you need from tonics to salves to provide you with any and all relief that you can get.

As for your menstrual products, Amrod will learn how to make those as well as they are a necessity and a medical related need. As for the emotional or physical needs from, Amrod is happy to let you hang all over him. Not being a big day time cuddler or very clingy, but at night he's happy to give you all the cuddles you need.

Amras

With Amras when you start menstruating, he is very go with the flow. Oh so you've had an accident in the bed? No big deal, he's happy to gather up all the sheets and clothes to get ready to wash it. You are cramping really bad and don't think you can help him with it? Don't worry about a thing.

Amras will only divulge to his brother that you are menstruating and that you are cramping, asking if he has anything that can help ease the discomfort and pain. So expect that you will get top quality remedies as Amrod takes it extremely seriously.

Amras is extra clingy to you during this time, wanting to make sure that you are alright and comfortable. Happy to assist you with whatever you need, especially when you are in pain and having days where your cramps are so bad you can't move. He will even neglect his own chores and duties to be with you- Amrod is fortunately very understanding of this and picks up some of the slack in the house for you both.

Celebrimbor

Celebrimbor has been around long enough to run into all walks of life, menstruating humans and all. So when you start to menstruate, he knew it would happen eventually and is very patient with you too. He doesn't ask questions, he just helps and comforts you.

He has a few elves help him discreetly clean up the mess that may have been made, and sends for a healer to bring you any pain relievers you need. Celebrimbor is very smooth and casual about the whole thing and even tells you to take the time off you need from any of your duties. Unfortunately, he can't with all of his own duties.

Though Celebrimbor checks in on you regularly and never parts without a kiss or truly making sure you are okay. Celebrimbor will do what he can to finish with his day as early as possible so he can join you as soon as possible. He does what he can to make sure that you are comfortable and feeling as loved and happy as possible during such an uncomfortable time.