The great escape-Ashton imagine

(your p.o.v)

Everything seems to be too perfect to be real: the decorations, my dress, my hair, makeup, and even the man I’m suppose to be spending the rest of my life with after today.

“(Y/n), you okay?” I’ve zoned out quite a few times, but simply smile to mask my fear.

“Yes, I’m grand.” I responded with another enthusiastic smile.

“Okay, the ceremony is going to start now.” I nodded, grabbing my bouquet and heading out towards the door.

The aisle seems to be getting longer as I walk closer and closer to Ashton; panic starts to set in.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today…” The pastor starts reading and my nerves get more on edge than ever before.

“Wait!” Ashton yelled.

(his p.o.v)

“Wait!” I yelled to silence the pastor, earning a few gasps from the audience.

“Mate, what are you doing?” Luke harshly whispered.

“We, (Y/n) and I aren’t getting married today.” I know that there’ll be a few angry people because they flew millions of miles from home for our special day, but it’s not like they paid for anything.

“We traveled a long way for this!” An angry aunt of (Y/n)’s stood up.

“I understand that ma’am, but (Y/n) and I would rather continue to better our relationship before tying the knot rather than being miserably committed to one another for the rest of our lives.” (Y/n) smiled at me then nodded in agreement with what I just said.

“Ashton and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience, but we should get going now.” She grabbed my hand and winked.

“Oh and if anyone would like to get married right now, feel free because we already paid for all of this.” We ran out of the doors of the chapel to get drunk and forget about this situation.