Meeting Luke's mom

"Luke I think your mom is going to hate me."

"Why do you think that?"

"She doesn't want anyone getting close to her precious baby boy."

"She'll get over it."

"I'm scared."

"Come on she's not that bad." The sound of the door unlocking made me more and more nervous.

"Hello mum."

"Darling." While his mom held onto him as I stood to the left, feeling awkward, waiting to be introduced.

"Mum this is my girlfriend (y/n)."

"Nice to meet you dear." She hardly smiled at me and quickly turned her attention back to her son.

"Be nice, you're not making her feel very welcome." He scolded his mother, which was somewhat shocking.

"Fine!"

We went straight to the dining room to greet everyone and prepare for dinner.

"So (y/n) tell me about yourself."

"I'm a student at Stanford University, I've lived in California my entire life, I love to travel and learn new things."

"Interesting I suppose. Why do you want to be with my son?"

"Mum!"

"No, it's okay Luke."

"Yeah Luke it's okay, let (y/n) answer the question." I didn't quite understand what I did that was so horrible to make her act this way towards me within the short amount of time being in her house but I figured that this is the challenge Luke warned me about before we began officially dating.

"I want to be with your son because he makes me happy, we balance each other out and we keep each other focused on what's ultimately important in life. I'm in love with your son and I'm sorry if you don't like me or think I'm not the right person for him but I'm just asking for a chance."

The room fell silent until his mom began to clap-causing Luke and I to stare at each other.

"You passed the test (y/n), congratulations."

"Test? I don't understand."

"Girls that Luke has brought home in the past couldn't get halfway through this dinner because I put them in the hot seat but you stood up for yourself, I applaud you."

"So you approve of my relationship with (y/n)?"

"Of course I do. (Y/n) is a sweet young lady with a good head on her shoulders and I can tell that she is with you for the right reasons."

"See (y/n) you were scared for no reason."

"Don't lie to her Luke."

"Thank you for giving me a chance."

"No problem sweetheart."

"I'm in love with you too (y/n)." Luke turned towards me-giving me a simple kiss.

"No PDA!"

"Sorry."