Mother-Luke imagine (part two)

Luke would be arriving at your house shortly and you couldn't help but feel nervous about what type of stunt your mother would try to pull or the type of ludicrous questions she'd ask him or the both of you as a pair.

The doorbell rang and you quickly made your way to the door before your mother had the chance to get to it first.

Luke was dressed comfortably with a comfy grey sweater, black skinny jeans, and classic black converse with his hair styled to perfection.

"Hi rose bud." He gave you a quick kiss on your lips.

"Hey gummy bear." He blushed, which made your heart melt, at the nickname you had given to him a few years ago.

"Are you going to invite me in, or are we going to keep your mum waiting?"

"Oh right...sorry." You grabbed his hand, intertwining your fingers with his, pulling him towards the dining area.

"Babe your hands are a bit clammy, are you okay?" You leaned over to rest your head on his shoulder, letting out a sigh.

"I'm nervous because I have a feeling that tonight will be a total disaster."

"Why?" Even though he's aware of your mother's ways, he didn't know what to expect and didn't want to believe that she could be as bad as you had described her.

"My m-"

"Oh hello there, you must be Luke."

"It's nice to meet you Mrs.-"

"Ms. (Y/m/m/n), but you can call me (Y/m/n)." He smiled and nodded.

The atmosphere of the room was awkwardly silent since no one was speaking, and the only thing that could be heard was the light sounds of cutlery moving across plates. You felt very uncomfortable, Luke took noticed and gave your hand a squeeze underneath the table.

"This is a wonderful meal (Y/m/n)."

"Thank you...Luke." You cleared your throat and glared at your mother.

"You okay babe?" Luke patted the top of your hand; you nodded then stared at the remaining food on your plate.

"Lucas, what are your intentions with my daughter?" Your mother asked suddenly with anger in her voice.

"I-"

"You probably just stick around my little princess to see what she can give to you,just so you can rip her heart out and smash it into a million pieces."

"What?! No!"

"I know what guys like you think about!"

"Guys like me? You haven't even asked me a single question about myself and now you're accusing me of being like every guy you may have came across in your life? I would never, ever hurt (Y/n) or even think about hurting her because she means the world to me! And what your daughter gives me is love and attention, our relationship is more than what you think it is."

"I know a liar when I see one. You're the type of guy that parents warn their daughters about!"

"No, I'm the type of guy that parents wish their daughters were with!" He slammed his napkin onto the table and stood up quickly.

"Sweetheart I'm sorry that this dinner has been shit." He looked down at you with sorrow in his eyes.

"It's okay."

"I think I should leave now." You nodded sadly, locking his fingers with yours so you could walk with him out front.

"I understand."

"Oh and another thing (Y/m/n)," he turned around to face your mother one last time for the night, "my name is Luke, not Lucas!"

You were hurt by your mother's actions and upset with yourself because you didn't even try to defend your boyfriend as she spoke poorly to him.

"I'm sorry." He looked at you, noticing tears falling down your face.

"Don't cry beautiful, it isn't your fault that your mum is extremely rude and bitter." He chuckled to lighten the mood, but it didn't work.

"No, I mean I'm sorry that I didn't defend you the way that I should have."

"Aww babe." He grabbed your hand, pulling you to his chest, wrapping his arms around your shoulders as you leaned your head against his chest.

"Don't beat yourself up over this incident sweetheart,it's okay, I'm alright."

"She's going to push you away from me Luke, I don't want you to leave me because of her."

"Quite frankly, I'm not worried about your mum because I'm going to continue to love you the way I have all of these years."

"Really?"

"Really." He looked you in the eyes to let you know that he was speaking sincerely.

{A/n: Hope you enjoyed this and if not, sorry! ☺ By the way '(Y/m/m/n)' stands for (your/mother's/maiden/name) just in case you couldn't figure that out. 👍 Comment feedback if you liked this part, I appreciate that. 💕}