MOVIE >scene20> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Jessie was taking a shower.

Rihanna sat on her bed, her calculus book in her lap. No matter how many times she reread the page, by the last word, she had completely forgotten everything her brain had absorbed.

All she can think about was the party she was supposed to attend tomorrow. And repeatedly, she'd mentally kick herself for agreeing to go. Many people were going to attend, and she didn't know if it was safe to take such a big step, one that could possibly land her in the middle of the lions' den.

Summer had something against her. Rihanna could see that in her wavering smile. She could tell that Summer felt threatened by Rihanna. But what can she do? This was the only way to save herself from possible endless questions and eventually harassment.

They shouldn't see me as something significant soon.

A click sound made Rihanna glance at the bathroom door. She focused her sight closer to the lockset and realized that Jessie hadn't shut the door all the way, where the latch should have been pushed securely into the plate hole.

Her heart began beating furiously as the door slowly began to open, she can hear the shower running, where Jessie would be standing naked behind the glass shower door.

She can get up. She can shut it.

But what if Jessie heard, took the idea in reverse and thought that she was trying to open the door? It would be worse than the current situation.

Her eyes opened a little more wider as the door creaked open slowly. It was slow, very slow, but it was also continuous. Her heart stopped, her jaw fell. Her breathing stammered. Her eyes wouldn't move away if her life depended on it. Ten more inches and she would see everything. And the worst part about it, for some unknown reason, she couldn't look away.

The door was now opening to the point where Rihanna could see part of the glass bathtub, where she can clearly hear the water splattering on the tub's floor as it fell around Jessie. She held in her breath, her eyes now bulging as she waited for the forbidden.

Giving her a semi heart attack, her phone rang.

On impulse, she jumped for it and looked at the screen. It was Vincent. Quickly, she grabbed it and abruptly left the dorm, then laid her back against the wall near the shut door.

"Hello?" She said breathless.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Answer me honestly. What's wrong? You're never breathless."

She tried to put her breathing under control, but every time she thought about what was just going to happen, her heart would race again. "Its seriously nothing. I just..." Excuse, she needed a good excuse. "I just played the piano."

"Really? That's fantastic! You'll have to play for me when you come back. It would be so nice to listen to your miracle of a skill again."

"I will." Great. Now Rihanna had to get over her fear of piano fingers to cover for her lie. "Anyway. How are you?"

"I'm quite well. I do have some unfortunate news."

"Yes?"

"Well, before I say what I have to, is everything okay at the Academy?"

She sighed. "I was invited to this elite party."

"And?"

"I said yes. She put me in a very uncomfortable position."

"Who?"

"Summer Harrison."

Vincent's voice had a hint of warning when he said. "Stay away from that girl. She's bad news. I just discovered that four students from the Academy committed suicide because of her. I don't want to think of you ending up in that position."

Rihanna was shaken by this. She momentarily remembered the benevolence Summer had treated her with, and couldn't believe that someone like her could manage such reactions out of others.

There had to be a misunderstanding.

"I can't not go to the party anymore."

He sighed loudly. "You have to stay away from them. You don't know what they're doing behind your back. They might be planning something against you."

"In their eyes, I'm rich. And because of that, they fear me."

"Being rich makes you a bigger threat to them. Did you think about what you'll tell them when they ask you to point at your parents' so called multi-billion dollar company?"

"That won't happen."

"It might be sooner than you think."

Rihanna grunted and fell to the floor. "What should I do Vincent?"

"For now, go to that party just to stay out of suspicions way. However, decline all future invitations to anything that has to do with those affluences."

"Was planning on it."

"Are your feelings still running loose for that boy Jessie?"

She sighed. "Believe me, he's everything but a boy. I did tell you he was grade president, right? Well, his leader status isn't a joke. He can be the next president of the country."

"Seems like a keeper. I might let you take a chance at him when things settle."

"I don't think I want to."

"Why?"

"He's... the Academy's treasure. He has too many girls for fans. I don't think I can admit my feelings to him only to get eaten by the wolves. Too much of a hassle. Plus, the whole idea is embarrassing."

He sighed. "Not a boyfriend, not a date, not even a kiss yet. Must be killing you sharing a dorm with him."

For a long moment, she had forgotten what had happened inside, now that Vincent reminded her, her breathing began to stammer and her face heated up.

"Now, what I called for. Do you remember what I told you to do when things about you come out in the open? The very first thing?"

Rihanna's vision of Jessie instantly evaporated as her body became fully alert. "Yeah?"

 ♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡