MOVIE >scene132> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Sweat began to trickle down Fayth's face as she closed her eyes shut and crossed her fingers. She crouched back further into the corner, wishing she could disappear into blank muteness. She summoned all of her life's wishes into one: the next five minutes not to happen. Definitely, definitely not to happen.

"That's odd. Where's Rihanna? She was just here..." Mandy said.

No. I'm not here. Please, just say I'm not here. I'm sick. I'm at the nurse's office. I left to the bathroom. I DIED for god sake! Rihanna is not here!

Fayth peeked and saw Katerina looking at her with confusion. She quickly ushered for her to stay quiet, and Katerina looked away in answer. However, everyone else was probably absolutely sure that Fayth was under the table. And the person she was terrified of most was Lexis. He'll definitely try to rat her out. He'd find entertainment in doing it.

"Rihanna? Rihanna." Mandy called out, coming around the table Fayth was under. Listening to her footsteps slowly make their way around, Fayth's heart started firing itself against her chest, begging to break through and race away. She bit her lip and closer her eyes, relying on faith.

"Rihanna?" Mandy's voice was right above her now. She was only a few inches away from finding her under the table.

The door sprung wide open and someone hurried in, breathless. "Mr. Ellis! My man! How are you?"

Charles. It's Charles. Oh my god, it's Charles.

Fayth's body broke loose as she sighed in relief, knowing fully well Charles had come in like this for her. And as she peeked around the table and saw him looking around nervously, he was without a doubt worried that Mr. Ellis had seen her.

When he realized she was nowhere to be seen, relief washed his face.

"Hello Charles! How is your father doing?" Mr. Ellis said.

"Quiet well. He's establishing his trademark in India right now."

"That's great. How about you? When are you going to take the director's seat where you belong?"

Fayth waved for Charles and seconds later, he glanced over and saw her. His face became a mixture of worry and shock. She looked at his hand as he put one finger out. Then four. One again. Then four again.

I.

Have.

A.

Plan.

Their childhood secret code.

He walked over to Mr. Ellis, and as Fayth crawled out and around the table, she could see Charles put his arm around Mr. Ellis' shoulder, a very bold move, and turn him so he was facing the other way. With his other arm, he waved for Fayth to leave behind his back.

Oh great plan Sherlock.

Fayth stood to her feet, then while ignoring everyone's curious expression, she slowly made her way to the door on tiptoe.

"Rihanna! There you are!" Mandy said, smiling broadly.

Fayth froze in mid-step. Her heart dropped to her knees and all the color drained from her face. She couldn't believe Mandy wished the worst for her like this. Why couldn't she just leave her be? Why did she say those four words, ruining everything for her?

Fayth turned around slowly, wiping her sweaty palms on her uniform skirt. Thankfully, it looked like she had just come in from out the door, since Mr. Ellis was the second one to turn and look over at her.