MOVIE >take173> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Fayth listened as Mr. Ellis came out of the room. She couldn't see him nor was he able to see her from Lexis' broad shoulders and tall build. 

He noticed Dawn and happily said. "Why Dawn, hello. I haven't seen you in a while my dear."

The words became blurry as the heat from Lexis' back seeped into Fayth's body. She was almost sure he can feel her fast heartbeats from how close they were. As the seconds stretched by, she forgot what breathing was.

Dawn turned her head away, a look similar to her dad's on her face. Now looking back at all the things she had mentioned about her grandfather, Fayth was already aware of Dawn's responses to him.

"Your grandpa will get you something really nice for your birthday. What would you like?" John tried.

"I already have daddy to get me whatever I want." She said, looking at Lexis' face as Lexis stared at John with empty eyes.

John sighed. "Alright then. Anyway, I believe you'll be living with your grandmother and me soon. We'll figure out what you like then."

"Don't you dare—" Lexis spat.

"She has her mother's potency." John quickly interrupted. "I don't want it to get past that. Otherwise, I'll have to make things disturbing for the whole family and offer an orphanage a great prize."

This made Lexis want to leash at his father from across the hall and choke him. Clenching his body in anger, all he could do was take a step back to hide more of Fayth.

"Let's see who'll win." Lexis finally said. "I'll take my position as the CEO, but John." His body became less tense, more calm, as he said what he did next. "I think doing what you want will only disappoint you at the end."

John laughed. "Not anymore than I already am, I'm sure." He fixed the cuffs of his jacket. "I'm going to try with Armstrong Next again. Marrying that girl would be the best thing you could do. If anything, I wish a girl as intelligent and committed as her was my daughter instead."

Fayth felt nauseous.

With that, John walked away.

When Fayth was sure he was gone, she finally let out a long deep breath and walked around Lexis, realizing only then that she had been more tense than him. 

"Faith!" Dawn exclaimed.

Lexis hid his smile.

"I haven't seen you for a long time. What have you been doing?" Fayth said, happy again to see Dawn.

"I left to England with Grandma and came back yesterday."

"Well, I'm happy to see you again."

"I'm happy to see you!" She exclaimed, putting her arm around Fayth's neck and pulling her close.

She was still in Lexis' arms, so when she had done the small gesture, she had literally pulled Lexis and Fayth together in a hug as well.

Fayth looked up, staring into Lexis' eyes. They were only a few inches away from hers. It reminded her of how he held her that day, on the day of the birthday party, and she subconsciously wondered why he had done so.

With him, it was more confusing than five puzzles dumped together in one box. His feelings were never shown on his face, he always concealed what he felt behind shut doors. Somewhere along the lines, that bothered Fayth for no specific reason.

Lexis looked down at her lips, then back up at her eyes. "Enjoying the view?" He asked, a smile pulling his lips up in a mystery of unsaid words.

It reminded her of when Anthony used to flirt. Coming from Lexis, it was different—stronger.

Fayth pulled away. She quickly looked at Bubbles and said. "I have a date with Charles. So I'll see you later, okay?"

Why did I say that...

She turned around to leave.

"How much did you hear?" He asked.

She paused in mid-step. "I didn't hear anything."

"How do you know what I'm talking about then?"

She kept quiet.

"How much did you hear?" He asked again.

"What did you not want me to hear?"

"Don't answer a question with a question. How much did you hear?"

Fayth turned around and looked at him, this time, actually curious. "And my answer is, what exactly is it that you didn't want me to hear?"