MOVIE >scene54> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

The door slammed shut. The force of the impact echoed through the whole villa.

Lexis walked over to where his father sat in his study room chair, turned back as he faced the library behind the desk. In his hand he held a book.

"Is it true?" Lexis' voice was coated with venom.

His father calmly turned in his chair and placed the book on the table, glancing up at Lexis from above his glasses, he said. "The fact that I know who has entered my study by simply the impoliteness of it, is an insult only to you my son."

Lexis closed his eyes and opened them, gazing at his father with immeasurable hatred. "I've told you more times than I could count not to meddle in my life. What is it that I have to do to get that point across to you?"

"How's Dawn–"

"None of your business. And whom I get married to is none of your business either. Whoever it is that you arranged your business engagement contract with this time, go back and cancel it."

His father showed a toothy smirk. He looked up, eyeing Lexis' angry posture. With slow arrogance, he took off his glasses and placed his arms on top of the desk. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

"You will. I promise you, you will. If there isn't anything that scares you in life, you would be smart enough to know that I'm the only thing in this world that could. You, John, bred and raised a heartless bastard."

His father's smirk only grew bigger. He stood up and slipped his hands in his pants pockets as he made his way to the long window. "Twenty years ago, I was just like you. Hotheaded, self centered, ignorant more than arrogant, yet your grandfather still managed to settle me down with your mother. I haven't regretted it till this day once."

"That's not true. I can count a few time that I witnessed you in the position to regret." Lexis said, his voice low, filled with hate and disgust.

His father threw him a look of warning. "To me, they were nothing more than unlucky events. I shouldn't need to regret them. You, on the other hand..."

Lexis now smirked. "Of course."

His father became uncomfortable, more aggravated, with his son. "You've opposed my decisions for years Lexis, it's time to end it."

"I will not marry her, whoever she is. I stopped here to tell you this." Lexis said, getting ready to leave. "You know the reason why I'm still at the Academy. If it wasn't for that, I would've been gone a long time ago."

John looked at his son with disgust. Lexis was the reason behind every failed marriage contract that came through in support for the corporation. Nonetheless, John wasn't fazed. Regardless of how many unsuccessful ones he had to go through before getting to one that Lexis settles with, he will keep looking for a compatible wife for him. In the industry, after all, marriage was important. It was connections, shares, growth and purely business related. Lexis was too young to understand that.

"If you only knew the fortune she holds, its a hundred folds than what the Harrison's will ever have. You only need to peek at the advanced development that will take over Ellis when the marriage happens, and I guarantee you wouldn't say that."

"In a house with people who don't care about anything else, I couldn't care less more."

"Don't be quick to judge son. You'll regret it."

"We have this conversation once a month at the very least." It was exhausting, it really was. "How much more of your world do I have to ruin until you leave mine alone?"

Lexis' father walked up to him. Making his way slowly as he said, "I didn't know we lived in two different worlds."

Lexis could only stare at his father, his feelings draining, and with an expression so cold and dead, his father almost mistook him for a stranger.

John stopped walking and stood in front of him. "We will meet with the family sometime this month. If the sky and the earth collided, I'm still going to make you go through this one no matter what. Using all means necessary."

Lexis studied his father's figure, face expression and the way his eyes developed a still glare, and soon realized that his father was very set on his decision. Not even that, it seemed like his father would marry the girl himself if Lexis didn't.

"I will not marry her or anyone for that matter. I learned the hard way that marriage is only an act to cover for other's mistakes."

The warning look in his father's eyes came back. "Don't you dare–"

Lexis turned around and walked to the door. "I will not marry her. I'm threatening all your assets now."

He took ahold of the door's handle, and was about to turn it before his father said. "And I'm threatening to take over Dawn."

Lexis' eyes flew open with disbelief, shocked at his father's words. He had never used these words on him. No matter how many things Lexis destroyed, no matter how many engagements he ended, his father never used these words on him.

"I had never gone to this extent, but I hope that explains to you just how much I want this marriage to happen. I will not lose the money and the enhanced renovation of the Ellis corporation this eternal connection could bring for your childish feelings. You will regret it if I don't."

"No, John, you will regret underestimating the measures I will take to ruin everything you have. I'm a simple man. You, on the other hand, have a lot more to lose than I do."

Lexis shut the door behind him, with as much force as he had used when he had walked in.

Marriage, business, money, power. They are all same thing in disguise. An agenda to waste time by envisioning happiness.

 ♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡