MOVIE >scene81> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

"I'm sure all of you know about the upcoming event." Mandy began. "Since we are part of the Academy, as you all may already know, we must participate."

"What event?" Rihanna asked.

Mandy blinked. "The D triple A. Dawn Academy Annual Auction. It's fairly known. Your parents never talked to you about it?"

The D triple A...?

Rihanna's heart pounded furiously in her chest. No. Not the D triple A. No. No. No. Vincent had already warned her about this event. 

Rihanna smiled. "Um, the D triple A?"

"Well, yes. We hold an auction here in the school. The rarest and most valuable pieces handed down from various important leaders this nation had, gifts to this Academy, ones that can be timed back to seventy years when the Academy had first opened. Gifts that are worth fortunes. An auction would be held for those items. Who will win them and who will lose. At the end, those who had fundraised the highest amount of money, will have their name engraved on the Academy's magnificent donors plaque at the front entrance. "

"When is it?" Rihanna asked.

"It's three days from now. On Dawn Academy's anniversary." Mandy's eyebrows nearly connected with confusion. "It's strange that you haven't heard of it."

Rihanna rubbed her forehead. "Yeah..."

"Rihanna Gessner..." Taylor's voice took everyone by surprise.

Rihanna turned around  and looked at him, he was staring at his laptop with eyes that spoke volumes. He then looked up at her and smiled. "You are one of the most interesting equations I had ever tried to work with."

It was the most dysfunctional moment that ever happened in F.A.I.T.H. A lump formed in Rihanna's throat as her expression froze. Everyone's attention jumped back and forth between Taylor and Rihanna with puzzled looks.

The room was deathly quiet. Too still. And so when Taylor slammed his laptop shut with sudden deafening anger, almost everyone jumped in their seat. 

"I apologize Mandy, but I'm going to need some fresh air. Please excuse me." And with a disturbed expression, he stormed out of the room. 

What was that about? Why was he smiling like that at first, then completely turned berserk a second later?

As soon as he was out of the door, everyone turned their gaze back on Rihanna. 

Rihanna looked at Mandy. "Wait, what? What did he mean?"

She shook her head. "Oh, don't worry. He just says things. He needs to learn that there are some things that don't just pop on his computer screen to give him answers."

"That's why I hate smart people." Katerina remarked. 

"Hey!" Alvin insisted, looking very insulted.

"You got the brains of a peanut. What do you have to worry about?"

And they were back at bickering again.

Mandy shook her head and looked back at Rihanna. "Anyway, I'm very excited to meet your parents on the day of the event. They're the only ones I have yet to meet."

Rihanna felt her face drain of every bit of blood. "W–What?"

"At least one parent must attend the D triple A. Both, if preferred, are also welcomed. Its a very grand ceremony, Rihanna, I doubt they won't attend it. Especially for the connections... Hey, are you okay? You look quite pale..."

Rihanna tried her best to smile and nod. She swallowed the lump of fear and with great effort said. "Yeah–"

It came out strangled. Almost a whisper. 

"Yeah. I'm fine." She tried again, this time, a little louder. 

"Alright great. Its a tradition that students formally invite their parents. Here are the invitation cards." She passed out white oversized cards, dressed in satin ribbon and a nicely drawn portrait of Mona Lisa on the front. The name of the event was written nicely in cursive writing under the drawing, and inside was the name of the school, with Rihanna's name written below it.

"I will be reading each of yours before I send them out with your family chauffeurs. So please do well in writing them neatly."

Rihanna rubbed her fingers nervously together as she stared at the pen. 

"Rihanna, is everything okay?"

"Mandy, Rihanna's parent's are broke. Didn't you hear about it?" Alvin said, his voice full of humor.

"Oh." Mandy said. "That's right. But they still can attend. They don't have to bid on anything."

Rihanna looked up at Mandy and smiled. "Okay." She quickly took out her phone and texted Vincent. 

The D triple A is coming up. They're asking to write a card to my parents. What should I do?

Moments later, Vincent replied.

Put everything correct.

Rihanna's eyes opened widely at the text. She quickly looked up and noticed Mandy displeased expression.

Thankfully, Taylor walked back inside the class and took part of the attention. 

"Taylor, welcome back." Mandy said. 

A slight smile was on his lips as he said. "Fortunately, I have remembered something."

Rihanna quickly replied to Vincent. 

Are you crazy? No way will I do that!

Not a a few seconds later, Vincent responded.

Ed Gessner. Jasmine Gessner. 347 Darren Drive Bulten, TX. Now!

Rihanna sighed, distraught at the text words in front of her. She rubbed her eyes. How can she possibly do this. She can't. She won't. No way. 

She watched quietly as everyone handed in their cards, when she still hadn't written a single word yet.

"Rihanna. Is there something you want to tell me. Please do let me know. I'll help you whichever way possible."

Rihanna's head snapped up to Mandy. She was even more nervous now. She looked back at the text, wondering if she should.

Quickly, ignoring all sane thoughts, she jotted down the information and told Mandy someone will come pick it up later. Mandy smiled and nodded, taking the card and placing it at the top of the pile on her desk. 

With a glance to her left, Rihanna noticed Taylor eyeing her.

Then the cards.