MOVIE >scene65> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis sat on the sofa in the Ellis wing, in his hand he held a glass. Across from him was an empty chair. He positioned the cup until he could see the recliner through it. And in the expectation of the moment, a smile broke on his lips.

A knock on the door came immediately after.

Bingo.

"Come in."

The door opened.

Lexis smirked. "I've been expecting you, Devon." He motioned with his glass toward the recliner. "Have a seat."

"Am I in trouble or something? What do you need me for?" Devon sat slowly in the recliner, his body ticking like a clock. If there was one dude that scared the shit out of him, it was the one sitting there looking like he owned the planet.

"Care for a drink?"

"Nah man. Just get this over with. What do you need me for? I gotta leave at three."

"I'll get right to the point then." Lexis put his cup down and entwined his fingers together. "I read people. I do that by manipulating a reading out of them. You'll be cooperative, so this should be much easier."

"Cooperative with what?"

"Rihanna."

"What about her? Look, about what I said earlier today, I'm not connected to her. I just thought I saw her somewhere. That's all."

"Good. Now I want you to remember where you saw her. I'm going to help you do that."

"She already said. It was–"

"Again, I read people. She was lying."

"Why would she–"

"Besides the question. I don't want to waste your time." Lexis crossed his legs and gazed at Devon. "Sit back, get comfortable."

Devon tried his best to do that, but apart of him was still uptight. This guy always gave him the creeps.

"Let's go back to your childhood. Is there a girl in the family that resembled Rihanna. Maybe you've seen her in family gatherings..."

Devon shook his head. "Look man, I told you. I'm not connected to her–"

"How about school? Anyone in school that looked like her."

"I can't remember. Can you seriously remember anything from your gutter life?" He rolled his eyes at the obvious. "Never mind, you've never been low class."

"Let's talk about that life. Where did you live before you became... rich?"

"Burgenstown. Off Eighty."

"Good. Now imagine what I'm going to say, word by word." Lexis' voice was deep, low, almost seductive. He began with universal descriptions that may trigger some memories. "You woke up. It was morning. Your mom calls you down for breakfast. You straighten up, wash then join your family at the table. After you eat, you go to school. You meet the people you know, in the halls, bathroom, classrooms..." Lexis waited for Devon's imagination to bring up Rihanna, but there was no positive response yet. "The final bell rings. You leave school, you walk the street, make your way home. There is a place that you really want to go to. A girl..."

Still nothing.

"You go to the store, the cashier seems familiar to you. You go to the mall, there is someone you're waiting for."

Devon's expression was completely clueless. Lexis changed the direction of his words. "School ends. You began to like music. Its summer vacation now. During the day, you like to go to a special place. You see a girl." Lexis finally began to see some recognition in Devon's face. "She's connected to music." Of course she is. Lexis remembered her piano playing. "She plays the piano. She plays it very well. She captured your attention. You're walking towards her. Talking to her. You can see her face."

"That's where..." Devon breathed, his expression lost in the memory that suddenly flooded through his mind. "I can't believe..."

"What? You can't believe what?"

Devon shook his head and looked up. "I remember her man. It wasn't because of a backstage pass that I saw her..."