MOVIE >scene146> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

"Twinkle twinkle little star..."

It was Sunday.

"Fayth's stay sleeping where you are."

The room was warm.

"You've been dreaming about me through the night."

A hand was patting her back slowly.

"When you wake I hope I don't give you–"

Fayth, who was sleeping on her stomach with half of her arms under the pillow woke up right that moment and looked over at the sound next to her. Not expecting someone to be there, she jerked her sleepy head back and gasped in fear.

"–a fright." Anthony sighed and slouched his shoulders. "Fail."

"Oh my god." She mumbled, her eyes opening with surprise. She quickly straightened up and pulled Anthony into a tight hug. "You're here."

Anthony grinned, hugging her back. "I'm here."

She pulled him away and looked at his face, it was somewhat pale but it looked a lot better than it did the last time she saw him. She pulled him again for another hug and squeezed tighter.

"If I knew this is what I'd get, I would've went missing for a whole week more often."

She pulled away. What he said was met with a scorn as she remembered what he'd done. "That reminds me. How dare you not answer my messages? Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

His eyes opened wide in anticipation. "How much? Did you think about me all the time?"

She shook her head and pushed him away, then got out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

The door was wide open. Anthony sat at the edge of the bed with a big smile on his face as he watched her brush her teeth and wash her face. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked.

She glanced over at him, but kept quiet.

"You know, I'm really excited about spending time with you today." He said, smiling and shrugging his shoulders in happiness.

She put the toothbrush back and grabbed the towel.

"You're standing on your feet, so that's a good sign." He said, sighing and looking around at her standard side of the room. Unlike the many dorms he'd seen before, Fayth had the most neutral one. Nothing was made in a way that showed anything about her personality.

She grabbed the hair brush and ran it through her tangled mess. After it was managed, she put the brush back and picked out a hair tie from her set.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He finally asked, his smile dropping. His expression fallen to something she didn't want to see.

She finished tying her hair and sighed. Turning around, she locked eyes with him and made her way to where he sat.

She knelt on her knees before him and put a hand on his cheek. "Anthony... sweet, sweet Anthony. You are fun, happy, a joy that brings good feelings. You make heavy situations lighter, and you can make those around you no longer care too much about anything."

He furrowed his eyebrows.

She looked deeper into the eyes that changed.

"Now, I can see it. It haunts you. The idea of death being there. Of a loved one hurt. The thought of being in pain. You suddenly have a guard up, and I can see it. But it doesn't have to be there all the time. You don't need to treat people like they're all trying to get you. What happened was an experience, and we are lucky enough to still be alive and learn from it, but you can't treat what happened as if you're living in the memory of it every minute of every day. It happened. Its gone. Leave it. Heal from it."

By her last words, Fayth was sobbing. Wishing someone had been there to say this to her when she needed it. If it was too late for her, she couldn't let it effect Anthony, or carry on with him for a day more in his precious life.

"Please, don't let it consume you. Conquer it, for me. Think good feelings like you always do. Find the positive in it. Forgive him, not for him, but for you. Forgiving someone that hurt you means that the person will no longer have you in shackles in your own mind. You let go of them... you free yourself."

She smiled then, seeing the change she made in him. He looked at her confused, flustered, lost for words. He wanted to argue, to make a point, but she didn't leave a dark hole for him to poke his head in.

He was going to say something, but Fayth's smile and rested face, combined with her next words, had him clamp his teeth shut.

"Because if we'd never met, that day would of never happened. And even though you, a person I love dearly was hurt, I still don't regret ever meeting you. And you should do that for me too."

Something inside of him was suddenly erased, evaporated, no longer there for him to hold onto.

Three more chapters coming up in the next hour.