MOVIE >scene130> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

F.A.I.T.H. was going to have a cooking challenge today. Everyone was dressed in a red apron, and was to compete against one another to make tasty entrees and desserts. Afterwards, they will all be donated to a senior home nearby.

"This is really nice Mandy." Fayth complimented the idea. "I'll have to warn you though, I'm only going to make something very simple. I can't cook if my life depended on it."

Mandy laughed. "Just try your best. It's the thought that counts."

"Hey guys!" Violet greeted, walking into the kitchen and pulling on an apron. She took her place on one of the tables.

"Alright everyone, start when the beeper goes off. Remember to write down every ingredient you are going to use, in case of any food allergies the seniors may have."

Fayth watched for the table where Jessie was going to be cooking on, thankfully, the one next to it was still unoccupied. She grabbed her pile of pots and began speedwalking to it.

Before she could take her place behind it, Lexis appeared out of nowhere and took it instead, standing between her and Jessie.

This is the millionth freaking time!

It was happening so much that it was slowly pissing her off. She had no doubt whatsoever that he does it on purpose at this point. Every time Jessie and her plan to do something together, are walking side by side or are simply talking even, Lexis would pop out of nowhere and come in between them. Literally, in between.

And naturally, she'd make an excuse and would get away.

More than once she would tell herself that no, its not Lexis coming in the middle of them, they've been friends long before she came along, and to them, she was the third wheel, not Lexis.

But Jessie and her were closer than ever now. They ate together, lived together, studied together, watched TV together, took walks together. They even hug now like they've been born to do it as embracingly as they do. Anyone that sees them would think they were joined at the hips.

And because of this closeness, she saw what she had been blinded of at the beginning. He had feelings for her that he couldn't even deny anymore. She wasn't sure what was taking him so long to voice them, but she persuaded herself to wait and be patient. Eventually, something was bound to happen. He was forbidden to be in relationships, and that could cause a lot of hesitation on its own.

The beeper went off and she quickly scurried to the last empty desk in the kitchen.

Deciding to make chicken sandwiches, she started jotting down the ingredients she was going to start using. When she was done, she went back towards the cold room to retrieve them.

Kurt followed her, and when they were out of everyone's sight, he put his arm around her shoulders and smiled. "Hey stranger."

"Kurt, Kurt, Kurt." She looked over at him. "What have you been up to these days?"

They walked into the room and she turned around to face him.

"Me?!" He exclaimed with sarcasm. "I'm more intrigued to find out how you've been coping with Lexis on your tail nearly everyday. I mean seriously, the guy you've been trying so hard to avoid is now your ex-best friend?"

She reached for the vegetables and began picking out the ones she needed. "Its a living nightmare. I would think that I'm running away but I end up running right into him. Every damn time."

Kurt shook his head, disappointed. "Your not using your head anymore. Your smarter than that. What's giving you a cloudy brain?"

She glared him down. "What makes you say that?"